Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 12 update is *****. I've basically got a Nokia 3210 now

(Topic created on: 29-11-2021 02:22 PM)
pafc
Explorer
Options
So I did the android 12 update, over night and since then I have apps not working on my phone, apps that I use everyday. I've had two phone calls with Samsung support and both times I've been told that it must be the apps not working and nothing to do with the software update as they had no knowledge of any issues with it. Both calls I let the call handler have remote control of my phone, so they could see my screen, and I googled the issue and they say loads of complaints. Then then tried to look on here and they say for themselves that people were complaining. How can they not be aware when so many people are having issues???!!! Anyway, I got told that I have to wait and see if another update comes out and that may fix the problem. So yeah, I have a Samsung 21 ultra that I can't use properly. I may as well go back to using the Nokia 3210 *****!!! This is ridiculous!!!
35 REPLIES 35
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
You have to remember that android 12 is privacy driven, so a lot of your apps will need the permissions to be reviewed first. Then go to samsung store and check updates. Same on the Google play store. The phone needs to learn the usage patterns which can take a few days. And samsung is doing the monthly operating system updates monthly now as well. So any problems won't last long. This is samsung we're talking about 🙂 👍
0 Likes
illEez
Voyager
Options
First I heard of them was after this latest Android update 🤷🏻‍♂️
0 Likes
pafc
Explorer
Options
I've done all the permissions and there are no updates available. This is the first time I've had issues like this
pafc
Explorer
Options
I've looked for them but can't find them
0 Likes
illEez
Voyager
Options
https://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.android.samsung.utilityapp&cId=000004665763

That's the link for Good Guardians in the Galaxy Store; it may not work for anything other than S21 models, and I can only say for certain the S21Ultra as I'm using it on one.
0 Likes
pafc
Explorer
Options
What does the app do?
0 Likes
illEez
Voyager
Options
As far as I know, it keeps your apps running at optimum level.

Screenshot_20211129-170850_Galaxy Store_3710_1638205731.jpgScreenshot_20211129-170759_Galaxy Store_3709_1638205679.jpg
0 Likes
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options

No worries, I should have left commenting to people who use the app versions of social media.

I only use twitter, facebook and weibo via web browser.

I know frustrating it can be though as I use to use Instagram a few years ago, but it wasn't working so well with my then Samsung A70, where everything looks too zoomed in.

if I find web versions of this then I usually use the web versions, otherwise I use the apps very rarely  

sharon0211
Explorer
Options
Hi. Do you use FB or Instagram? Any articles that come up on fb ie bbc news, i cant then click into it and read it. If just closes fb app. Also on Instagram, when an ad comes up and it says load more, nothing happens......
0 Likes