Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

5Ghz hotspot channel change problem

(Topic created on: 03-05-2020 11:33 AM)
przemek0924
Student
Options

5Ghz hotspot is invisible in EU, because my s10e (exynos version form europe distribution) generates wifi at 149 (US high band 3) channel. In EU, devices can only detect channels 36-48 (low band 1).  Is there any way to change manually 5Ghz channel to low band 1?

Go to solution
11 REPLIES 11
billybobjoe
First Poster
Options
I too agree that this is beyond a joke in 2023. For this very reason I can't connect my Samsung smart tv which has 5ghz wifi. To my galaxy s23 phone using 5ghz WiFi because my eu spec phone transmits its hotspot in part 5ghz band that the tv simply connot receive. Also to transmit on channel 149 on the 5ghz wifi band c in the uk requires a £50 license from ofcom. This will probably be the same across Europe. Well i dont have a license and samsung dont mention it in their terms and conditions so i put it to you all......Do we have a WiFi gate for Samsung like dieselgate for vw? European devices should use the common European frequency band A which is also license exempt. Channel 149 is band C and requires a license to use in the UK. Oh dear Samsung.......... Any class action lawyers want to make a mint? I'll be calling ofcom tomorrow!
0 Likes
Krrish55
First Poster
Options

I also had same problem with TpLink range extender, it couldn't link to 5ghz wifi hotspot of my S21 fe 5g india.

0 Likes