Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youtube Premium Boost Not Working

(Topic created on: 23-11-2023 05:32 PM)
AlexRig
Apprentice
Options

Has anyone managed to get the Youtube Premium 4 months offer to actually work?

I've never had any free Premium but it's throwing an error which I think is because my Samsung email is different from my existing Youtube one

10 REPLIES 10
PaulM1
Options

Hi there, @AlexRig. Please can you let me know which error message you encounter when trying to claim the YouTube Premium Boost? Additionally, have you ever subscribed to YouTube Premium before?

0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
YouTube is a Googe feature, you need to have a Google account also the YouTube app if you have one
0 Likes
AlexRig
Apprentice
Options

Thanks @PaulM1 , I get:

MyYTEmail@googlemail.com isn't eligible for this offer.

I've never had YT Premium

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Thanks, @AlexRig. Even though we can't verify this from our side, that sounds like Google believes that your email address has had a subscription before (perhaps when it was branded YouTube Red). You might wish to verify this by clicking on your profile name/icon on YouTube and Purchases and memberships.

If a previous subscription is showing there, you should be able to use the Boost via an alternative YouTube account (or you could perhaps set up a new one just for the purpose of utilising the free 4-month membership).

Please let me know how you get on.

0 Likes
chrismireya
Apprentice
Options

I'm experiencing this same problem.

I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 phone. It supposedly includes four-months of YouTube Premium for free. When I try to sign up, it only lists a two-month free option. 

I have NEVER had any subscription (or trial) of YouTube Premium. I wanted to sign-up for four months of YouTube; but, it only offers two months free while I am signed in. On my spouse's phone (who has also never had YouTube Premium), it only offers a one-month free trial. 

So, YouTube is recognizing this partnership with Samsung; however, it is only providing two months whereas Samsung advertises four months. 

Samsung needs to fix this.

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @chrismireya. I'm not sure whether you've seen this yet but, as you're based in the US, I've addressed this matter in the thread below:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-z-fold-z-flip/not-working-youtube-premium-4-month-free-wi...

I hope this helps.

0 Likes
AlexRig
Apprentice
Options

@PaulM1 they didn't tell me what the issue was but they confirmed it wasn't because I had a subscription before as they gave me the free months on the backend

0 Likes
AlexRig
Apprentice
Options

@chrismireya it was the same for me, YT has always offered me a 2 month free trial of Premium. This is not the same as Samsung Boost though, it's a YT offer.

What I had to do to get the Boost entitlement:
1.  On YT web app click your profile pic > Help > Contact YT Support for Paid products
2. Explain to the service agent that you're getting an error with your code from Boost
3. Send them screenshots of the error message, Boost offer and purchase invoice
4. He couldn't do it himself and had to raise a ticket and asked that I give 'feedback' through the app citing the same case ID that he provided
5. I got an email the next day saying to signup for the 2 month free, tell them once done and they will add an extra 2 months

That was it, and now I have 4 month free with my Samsung email being different from my existing YT one:Screenshot 2023-11-30 145207.png

PaulM1
Options

That's very unusual, @AlexRig, and thanks for keeping me updated. The most important thing is that you managed to get it resolved, so thanks for liaising with the Support Team. 👍

0 Likes