Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling on a50

(Topic created on: 28-03-2023 03:21 PM)
mike2717
Apprentice
Options
I am trying to get WiFi calling working on my a50.
It's says on the spec thar it should support wifi calling but can't see it in settings. 
Is this available on my phone ?? 
I know how to find the buttons on the drop down panel from the pull down from the top, or in phone settings..but there is nothing there.
I have poor signal where I live and this would help loads if I could get it working.
Is there any patches coming to a50 for this ?

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
Harveyx1
Helping Hand
Options
Does it say when you go into settings you are on the latest patch?
0 Likes
mike2717
Apprentice
Options
Last update was the 27th of March 2023...so yesterday
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
You usually have to contact your mobile provider for it to be enabled on your device.
0 Likes
mike2717
Apprentice
Options
OK...thanks for all the help with this. Cheers
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@mike2717  At times you do need to contact your provider. However as well as the quick settings should check in phone,Menu(3 dots)- Settings-Wifi Calling. May need to toggle it on for activation.  Visual guide in this article https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-activate-wifi-calling-on-a-galaxy-smartphon... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
mike2717
Apprentice
Options
Thanks Keith30..I have tried everything now...no joy.
I am on Tesco mobile who now support wifi calling...but they are saying because my phone was on O2 sim free that it's not supported because it was not a Tesco mobile...and on the VoLTE list it is not shown. But when I search inter for a50 wifi calling it tell you how to activate it.
So I going to have to give up on this unless samsung release an update to make this possible.
Thanks everyone for your input.
0 Likes
mike2717
Apprentice
Options
Thanks Keith30..I have tried everything now...no joy.
I am on Tesco mobile who now support wifi calling...but they are saying because my phone was on O2 sim free that it's not supported because it was not a Tesco mobile...and on the VoLTE list it is not shown. But when I search inter for a50 wifi calling it tell you how to activate it.
So I going to have to give up on this unless samsung release an update to make this possible.
Thanks everyone for your input.
0 Likes
mike2717
Apprentice
Options
Thanks JAMES4578....shame this isn't working for me, I am in a poor reception area and it would of really help.
Thanks anyway.
0 Likes
mike2717
Apprentice
Options
I think the worst thing is the a50 wasn't a cheep phone yet my wife's a12 has wifi calling has this option. I could change to the a13 but its not upto the spec of the a50 so it would be a step or 3 backwards.
0 Likes