Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Samsung dex not on my quick settings?

(Topic created on: 10-10-2021 08:07 AM)
natev
First Poster
Options
I have a Samsung s9 but Samsung dex is not on my quick settings. I can find it under app settings to make it force stop but not to use.  Where could I find it? Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@natev: Have you tried connecting your Galaxy S9 to a monitor or TV via a USB-C to HDMI cable, then swiping from the top of the screen to the bottom to look for a Samsung DeX prompt in the Notification Panel? If it's your first time using DeX, a popup message should appear on your Home Screen to enable desktop mode. 

0 Likes
HappyFrog
Journeyman
Options

I can't find Samsung DeX in my quick settings. How can I add it or access it from there? Have you found an answer?

Alternatively, having the option to create a shortcut for Samsung DeX would be great, but it isn't available in my app drawer.

0 Likes
Bodhi G
First Poster
Options

I have similiar problem with Dex on my Samsung Tablet. In Tablet mode you launch Dex from the quick setting menu by swiping down and select the Dex icon (it's there!)  The tablet launches Dex mode no problem.  Now try and get back to Tablet mode I found the quick setting panel by clicking the battery icon on the status bar (lower right). and no Dex icon to select Dex off.

My fix was to buy a cheap bluetooth keyboard and once paired select Command+W. This was the only way I found to switch smoothly between modes.

It was frustrating because when every I restarted the Tablet it launched into Tablet mode and within seconds automatically launched Dex with no way out. I was stuck in Dex permanently.

Bluetooth Keyboard and Select Command with W key. Works like a charm!

0 Likes