Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatsapp mixes up Ringtone and Notification Tones after One UI 6

(Topic created on: 24-11-2023 03:15 PM)
niraj12
Pioneer
Options

I have installed One UI 6 and then did a full factory reset without using backups. So its a completly fresh install.

When set to default, Whatsapp now play the default notification tone rather than the default ringtone for whatsapp calls.

Secondly, the notification tone follows the ringtone volume stream rather than the notifications volume stream.

I've contacted whatsapp support through the app but they are utterly useless.

Screenshot_20231124_105509_SecSoundPicker.jpg

Screenshot_20231124_105450_SecSoundPicker.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
keith30
Maestro
Options
Just change it, if you don't like how it works now after updating
0 Likes
Sombody3
Voyager
Options
WhatsApp runs through its own notification stream that is controlled by the app itself, to change it go to WhatsApp the click the three dots in the top right then settings then notifications, you can find what you need there.
0 Likes
niraj12
Pioneer
Options

Thanks but actually if you look carefully, the stream you talk about is actually the same as android's notification stream. Changing the setting in WhatsApp will change it within your android sound settings.

0 Likes
niraj12
Pioneer
Options

It can't be changed. WhatsApp calls now follow the notification volume 

0 Likes
niraj12
Pioneer
Options

Has nobody else come across this issue? I've reinstalled the app but still no luck

0 Likes
niraj12
Pioneer
Options

This issue persists through One UI 6.1

This means that even if calls are allowed past Do not Disturb, whatsapp will not ring.

Further, Whatsapp calls default rintone is the notifcations tone repeated again and again

0 Likes