Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video sending

(Topic created on: 14-04-2023 04:31 PM)
Dazzyd
Apprentice
Options
Trying to send a video to me friend but can only send 2 mins 59 seconds of it. but before I could send longer videos but can't now Why is that 
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Thanks for the quick response @Dazzyd . I have had a look at this and it seems that to make sure messages can be sent to the contact instantly, WhatsApp assigns a limit on size for all media including photos, videos and voice notes. 16MB is the maximum size for users to send or forward a video in WhatsApp. 

If you would like to send heavier videos or files you will need to use an alternative method as Bluetooth or Cloud services.

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Dazzyd ,

May I ask what device you have and what method are you using to share the video (Bluetooth, Email, Whatsapp..)?

0 Likes
Dazzyd
Apprentice
Options
S22 and using WhatsApp
0 Likes
Solution
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Thanks for the quick response @Dazzyd . I have had a look at this and it seems that to make sure messages can be sent to the contact instantly, WhatsApp assigns a limit on size for all media including photos, videos and voice notes. 16MB is the maximum size for users to send or forward a video in WhatsApp. 

If you would like to send heavier videos or files you will need to use an alternative method as Bluetooth or Cloud services.

keith30
Maestro
Options
It depends how much size the video is, WhatsApp put a limit on it to be able to share and send.
0 Likes
Dazzyd
Apprentice
Options
Ok I'll use an alternative. Thank you for looking that up for me