Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to turn off lockscreen media controls after One UI 3.0 update

(Topic created on: 05-06-2021 11:22 PM)
cuddlyzero
Student
Options

After updating my phone to One Ui 3.0 I am unable to remove the media controls that appear on the lockscreen. There appears to be no setting to fix this. 

Any help would be appreciated!

5 REPLIES 5
CodyH
Voyager
Options
You might have < symbols somewhere on screen click it.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
If you pull down notifications, you should see a media bar at the top of the notifications list. Click the "X" to close it. Now check your lockscreen to see if the media controls are gone.
0 Likes
Dasyurid
Apprentice
Options
Which music app are you using? I use the Samsung music app on my s21 and found if you go into the music app tap on the 3 dots at the top right and go to settings you find an option to enable or disable lockscreen controls disabling that along with the music widget found in the lockscreen settings, that worked for me on current software versions. With that said I believe also that if you have always on display enabled you may have to go into that and uncheck show audio information in there too to disable it though I haven't had an issue with that enabled so far as it is only supposed to affect the AOD and simply show track info on the AOD not the lockscreen but some people claimed it was causing the problem for them.
0 Likes
Dasyurid
Apprentice
Options
These are the settings I was referring to in my last post one is the settings in Samsung music app and the other is the lockscreen settings. As you can see in lockscreen settings there is a widgets entry just tap that and then look for music control or Spotify and disable it on lockscreen.Screenshot_20210606-134752_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20210606-134826_Samsung Music.jpg
0 Likes
cuddlyzero
Student
Options
Do you know how to do this in spotify?
0 Likes