Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to edit sleep time in Samsung Health

(Topic created on: 23-01-2022 08:08 AM)
ninaei
First Poster
Options

I bought my Watch4 Classic to get a better feel for my sleep efficiency. But I can't seem to ble able to edit the time I go to sleep and the time I wake up in Samsung Health. I often lay awake for a bit after the alarm goes off. The sleep tracker will say I am asleep, and there is no way to edit these times on my phone. I try to slide the clock, but I get an error message saying there is already sleep data recorded within these times, and I am unable to save this. 
I don't want to add more sleep, I just want to edit the one already recorded.

Please fix this, Samsung, as it makes it unusable as a sleep tracker.

59 REPLIES 59
Members_IAt6F6C
First Poster
Options

Yeah, I agree. That its very important because it provides wrong information. I was watching tv before going to sleep and the watch is showing 1hour awake that I can't remove. Also my sleep score is always so low whereas my fitbit was always much higher. I have 0 problems sleeping, always like a baby.

Anyone from Samsung please! Thanks.

grumpyman
First Poster
Options

I am bitterly disappointed Samsung.

I have had my Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Classic less than 2 days. It was a replacement by you because of a different (unsolvable) issue with my previous Samsung Galaxy Watch. 

2 days I have had this replacement. First nights' sleep tracking goes without an issue. 

Last night is the complete opposite. At first all seems fine, however once I woke up and sat in front of the TV for ~30 mins, despite turning off the sleep tracking and being on my phone, the watch decided to auto track and say I was in a sleep. 

No problem I thought, so went to the Samsung Health app to 'edit' the sleep record and simply delete the last detected sleep. WRONG. Although this was a feature I was able to do when I had my older Samsung Galaxy Watch, it seems that when I went to edit this sleep record, if I wanted to delete said record then it would take out the entire nights recording rather than just the single spurious 30 minutes. 

How on Earth can a company so big be getting it so wrong?! 

My older Samsung Galaxy was better and more user friendly at sleep tracking (with being able to delete separate sleep records, rather than entire days/nights worth). But because of your inability to put a fix into the software for a completely different problem I was forced with a replacement in the form of a Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Classic. Yet within not even 48 hours, I am beginning to regret this and it feels like a step backwards rather than forwards. How can an older model be more user friendly and thus accurate than something more modern?!

Samsung, you need to sort it out because this (and other issues) are going unheard for far too long...

Members_NVkQprH
First Poster
Options

Any update from Samsung on this? somtimes my sleep times are way-off with no way to correct.

Kimkoy
Apprentice
Options

One way to "cut" your sleep time is to activate bio mode. At least you'll be able to get a gap since its default time is 2h. I do this in the mornings, have added bio mode to shortcuts so I only have to swipe down. I usually activate night mode in the evenings,  but after that Samsung starts recording my sleep and it won't be a gap to my actual sleep so the overall data gets wrong. I dont dare to activate bio mode, since if I fall asleep relatively quickly,  I would be lost for the first hours of my real sleep. I also hope that Samsung will make editable bars so we can choose the sleep interval. But if you're really into analyzing your sleep you should seek for a product that do exactly that. All smart watches have to be good at everything, which in my opinion, makes them average in everything. 

Kimkoy
Apprentice
Options

Since I wasn't able to edit my own post I'll reply once again with all of that I originally wrote;

I've an active 2 and have tracked my sleep pattern since 2018. But it's first now I've gotten into it and it's really annoying not to be able to adjust sleep time. If you're "lucky" you'll get a gap and can move that portion out, but if you move your data to add it manually, as written in one other reply, you won't get the details. Since I really interested in ny sleep analysis I've bought a product dedicated to sleep. One way to "cut" your sleep time is to activate bio mode. At least you'll be able to get a gap since its default time is 2h. I do this in the mornings, have added bio mode to shortcuts so I only have to swipe down. I usually activate night mode in the evenings,  but after that Samsung starts recording my sleep and it won't be a gap to my actual sleep so the overall data gets wrong. I dont dare to activate bio mode, since if I fall asleep relatively quickly,  I would be lost for the first hours of my real sleep. I also hope that Samsung will make editable bars so we can choose the sleep interval. But if you're really into analyzing your sleep you should seek for a product that do exactly that. All smart watches have to be good at everything, which in my opinion, makes them average in everything. 

Yvonne M
Student
Options

If yoi delete it, then all of the breakdown of rem, deep sleep, etc., is gone.  I want that info also

Yvonne M
Student
Options

Also, the times it salves isn't even what it calls the "actual sleep time" either.  Where does the "clock" get its info from???  Not my time just laying either.  (????)  Grrr..Garrett...  I need this info.  Insomnia...

MotorSaint
Student
Options

That is NO good if you have to delete the whole sleep record.

MotorSaint
Student
Options

I deleted the Samsung Health app because there is no way to edit sleep time. 

Kimkoy
Apprentice
Options

With "bio mode" I meant theatre mode.

0 Likes