Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to edit sleep time in Samsung Health

(Topic created on: 05-01-2022 02:46 PM)
ninaei
First Poster
Options

I bought my Watch4 Classic to get a better feel for my sleep efficiency. But I can't seem to ble able to edit the time I go to sleep and the time I wake up in Samsung Health. I often lay awake for a bit after the alarm goes off. The sleep tracker will say I am asleep, and there is no way to edit these times on my phone. I try to slide the clock, but I get an error message saying there is already sleep data recorded within these times, and I am unable to save this. 
I don't want to add more sleep, I just want to edit the one already recorded.

Please fix this, Samsung, as it makes it unusable as a sleep tracker.

59 REPLIES 59
Ang144
Pioneer
Options
Yeah, they removed that function while ago, you wont be able to anymore. Hope someday they will bring it back.
Whitzend123
Explorer
Options

just adding to this as the single most irritating issue with Samsung Health/Watch4 Classic

It keeps recording time sitting on the sofa as sleep, whatever time of day. Even if I'm using the phone Samsung Health is installed on. The lack of adaptive learning is so annoying.

And the inability to delete this is false record is REALLY infuriating. Even worse, some times it captures two separate records and I am able to delete the false positive - but other times I can't delete it and there doesn't seem to be any pattern to it.

Even if I could just update the record with a new start time, so it drops all "sleep" data before then. It doesn't seem like a hard change to implement.

Does anyone from actual Samsung read these comments - has anyone heard any changes on the roadmap?

Whitzend123
Explorer
Options
Wait. I think I've worked it out.
In Samsung health, delete the whole sleep record.
It goes away and has a think.
Then it lets you add a record manually and you can select a start & finish time.
Or it suggests one that seems far closer to the actual sleep period.
Game changer!
Boxall
Apprentice
Options

Big issue is that this then loses all details on how well you have slept.  

Ondesic
First Poster
Options

This is crazy frustrating.  Especially because it used to allow this.  Has Samsung got so big that they don't listen anymore?  Health gets my time wrong every time.  I always need to shorten it.

Momo1982
First Poster
Options

I just attempted this. When the Data is deleted, it corrected my sleep time. However, it deleted my sleep score and data regarding REM cycle and deep sleep.

Poppypoodle
First Poster
Options
Just discovered this and so disappointed - this used to be easy on my fit it. Beginning to think I 've made mistake swapping to Samsung.😟
Msbell
First Poster
Options

I too am having the same problem I woke up at 8:00 went to bathroom, watch the news and caught up on social media on my attached phone for an hour,  went to check my sleep record and it still showed me asleep..... UNBELIEVABLE how could it be so innacurate, my old fitbit ionic was almost 100 percent accurate, I am so upset, that I can't even edit it, come on samsung you should be better than this.

Artur do Carmo
Apprentice
Options

Any solutions yet?

It's annoying to not be able to edit