Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Unable to add an email account on the samsung email app

(Topic created on: 10-07-2023 08:40 AM)
marzzzel
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I have been using the samsung email app for years. But all of a sudden i cannot add a new email account.

When i try to add an exchange account the app stops when i try to type in a domain\username.

I already tried to:

• Restart the phone
  • Update the app (was already current)
  • Deleted the cache and data 
  • Deleted the update from Android system webview (and restarting phone after)
  • Re updated android system webview (restarted the phone)
  • Deleted and reinstalled the email app

The funny thing is, it happens on multiple phones. i tried it on different models:

• Samsung S21 Ultra
  • Samsung Xcover 4s
  • Samsung A52

Anybody having the same problem?
Is there something i am missing? Any help is appreciated.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
marzzzel
Apprentice
Options

I downloaded a previous version of the email app v6.1.75.0 and this one works perfectly. for anyone facing the same problem.

With version 6.1.80.16 you might have trouble adding a exchange account.

I guess now it's just waiting for the email app to be updated.

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
AaronAJ
Options

What email provider are you with, @marzzzel ? When you enter a valid email address, it should guide you to the log in page with your email provider.

0 Likes
marzzzel
Apprentice
Options

Hello @AaronAJ  it gives me the screen to put in the exchange credentials, but when i try edit the username into 'domain\username', the app stops and restarts. I can edit every line (password, server info, ports) but when i edit the username the app just stops.

0 Likes
AaronAJ
Options

Are you manually entering the settings to the Email app? If you try entering a different email address, does this still happen?

0 Likes
marzzzel
Apprentice
Options

It also happens with different email addresses. Everytime when entering the login name.

The accounts work in different email apps (like outlook for mobile) so there is not a problem with the email accounts.

But i want to work with the samsung email app.

0 Likes
AaronAJ
Options

What email provider are you with, @marzzzel ? Not all email providers are supported on the Email app.

0 Likes
marzzzel
Apprentice
Options

This is an exchange mailbox from my work which i have added many times already. Many people including myself use the email app for this.

But for some reason when i try to add a new mailbox and insert a username the app itself stops and restarts. I also tried it with my own (private) domain and that does not work either. So it used to work great but since last week it restarts when i want to input a user name. 

That is before the app tries to authenticate with the server. I think the email app is bugged. especially because it used to work with the exact same mailboxes and the ones that were added before this bug still receive and send mail. its pretty weird :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Solution
marzzzel
Apprentice
Options

I downloaded a previous version of the email app v6.1.75.0 and this one works perfectly. for anyone facing the same problem.

With version 6.1.80.16 you might have trouble adding a exchange account.

I guess now it's just waiting for the email app to be updated.

0 Likes
sebastien_fr
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with this version.

Is there an exchange authentification update in this version ?  

0 Likes
MuratF
Journeyman
Options

Hi @sebastien_fr ,

This issue seem solved with 6.1.81.1 version. If u keep had issue update email app latest version and try again.

0 Likes