Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Suggestions & Ideas Thread (for software-based features/apps for mobile, tablets, & wearables)

(Topic created on: 09-08-2017 12:05 PM)
AntS
Options

Hi all! :smileyhappy:

If you have any suggestions for features or apps, then please share them with us here.

285 REPLIES 285
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Please allow us to reorder " All apps " to the bottom and " Edit apps " to the top. It's annoying that sits called OneUi but I have to sfretch fi ger to acces all apps, which is the main use of the edge panel. Ty! 

Screenshot_20220131-005945_One UI Home.jpg

Thanks on the help! S24 Ultra owner.
0 Likes
HardComment
Explorer
Options
Good Lock Experience

Good Lock is the best UI costumization but it is only available in some regions. But why does Samsung not give that experience to their all smartphones? That will be the best selling point. I saw how costumize and fluids the animation and I like it. If Midrange and Entry level doesn't have capability to run Good Lock then just give it to the flagship phones. I believe it will increase selling point on Samsung Flagship Smartphone segmen. Or make it Good Lock is only available on flagship segmen. So the user will feel different with mid and entry level

Please pass my suggestion to the relevant team!
0 Likes
HardComment
Explorer
Options
Hi Samsung UK I give an suggestion. For the future camera system Samsung should implement continuous optical zoom soon which is has capability to record video as well. Make the main camera as wide as it can (closed to the ultrawide) than could continuous optical zoom up to 30x and it also could do periscope zoom up to 100x. So, main camera has multifunction.

Multifunction main camera system has the best option to give the latest camera technology system. Additional cameras (Ultrawide and telephotos) always has lower quality than the main camera due to make lower cost.

If Samsung implement continuous optical zoom soon. The next Samsung flagship phones only have 3 cameras. Main camera, dept camera censor (for portrait) and front facing camera.
0 Likes
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

1. Can you please remove the quick share from the sharing bar when we turn it off, it's just a distraction and uneccesary.

2. Please allow us to also hide silent notifications in the Do Not Disturb mode.

3. Please move search icon to the bottom since it's OneUI and it should be accessible from the bottom.

4. Please, in the Galaxy themes add vertical video wallpapers can be used as the background calls videos. It's not easy to find vertical videos online for free.

5. Can you please add a separate categories for our sent and answered questions, error reports and feedback in the Samsung Members app?

6. Please allow us to hold = select and tap to move more than one selected album at a time.

7. Please allow us to delete songs without the need to enter inside them in Samsung Music

8. Please add an option for timeout. For example timeout for Bluetooth, location, NFC... Because they sometimes stay turned on and waste battery.

9. Swipe to delete or unread the messages please.

10. Please add an option to put and edit thumbnails of the videos.

11. Please add search into adding of the apps in the max power saving mode . Tnx.

12. Please add customization of charging style, fingerprint icon, face unlock icon, how unlocking the phone looks, how maps open.

13. Please add an option to delete all cache from all apps, not going one by one...

14. Most of the time the Samsung Gallery app doesn't recognize new files. It doesn't show it into gallery.

15. Option that accessibility options have icons near them so it's easily recognizable which app is which.

16. Please in Samsung music add a shuffle icon in the small player in the status bar and edge panel.

17. Please add an option to quickly remove USB OTG like there was an option before, I don't know why I have to take 5 stops go into the storage to remove it there when it was in the notification bar previously.

18. Please allow us to locate friends in Samsung Health inside the contacts because it's hard to find some people if they have another name inside the Samsung Health, since we can't contact them, only Blick them. Removing them from the friends would be also useful because I have a person I don't know in Samsung Health together and it says it's inside my contacts, should I contact every contact to see who it is Samsung?

19. Please allow us to set automatic dark mode level of transparency of the widget app.

20. Please add universal search so that it works in the recent tab in My Fiels app too.

21. Pls add an option to easily set app to full screen without going to the settings. Like recent apps tap, it was there before.

22. Please allow snoring sounds to be viewed like a normal voice recording, to go through it, cut it etc and share.

23. Please ask for a device to be unlocked before being able to disable do not disturb mode.

24. Pls show how much memory is taken in Samsung Cloud and how much is free in the backup area.

25. Please remove the little window in contact to add fafovirte contacts, it's just using space for nothing.

26. Please add different refresh rate in split-screens, for example top screen is YouTube so it stays in 60 Hz and lower split screen is an internet browser and it's 120 Hz.

27. Please allow us to change sim card number via phone like iPhones allow.

28. Please return option to activate eye comfort shield whenever an user wants, not only when custom is set.

29. Please allow us to flip these, it's would be easier if the edit button was somewhere else and all apps lower. Since it's OneUi! 

Screenshot_20220401-180356_One UI Home.jpg

30. Please don't let the Settings have restricted or optimized battery use, it's so important! My night mode schedule and other things weren't being activated accurately because of that setting!

31. Please make ultra wide macro automatic or instead of f " enhanced focus " put "macro ". It's confusing.

0 Likes
Jungle Jam
First Poster
Options
0 Likes
StevieG313
Journeyman
Options

Like how you offer us to choose dynamic lock screens so we have a new lock screen every time we double tap the phone when it's off.. please introduce a feature so we can do the same with customised video lock screens. I have so many I've created but it's annoying I have to choose one at a time. Allow us to choose multiple so it changes every time we lock our screens. 

Thank you 

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Great idea 💡 

I use the same video lockscreen wallpaper on all my phones. 

It's where two coloured smoke plumes collide in the middle. 

I'd suggest to send this idea via your Samsung Members App under the GetHelp section too @StevieG313  👍

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Galaxy Watch 4:

1. Please add slide to left to call and to right to send a message. 

2. Swipe to right to go back doesn't always work, especially in the alarms. 

3. Please add Bluetooth on off button to the Watch settings quick navbar like there is NFC etc. Bluetooth can get turned of and it's boring to go to settings just to turn it of when it's a fundamental feature for a phone to connect to the watch! 

0 Likes
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Wdym? I have it in Croatia and also it offers UK accent! 

0 Likes
Johnsprint
Journeyman
Options
Hi I would like to make a suggestion for the cameras default folder for saving photos and videos it would be great if you could save them separately ie one for photos and one for videos I think we should have this option as the s22 phones are not cheap fingers crossed john
0 Likes