Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Text message preview has disappeared in notifications.

(Topic created on: 09-10-2021 12:35 AM)
Ngfd
Apprentice
Options

When I get a text message, a preview of the message used to appear in the notifications, with suggested responses.  Now I just get this generic message each time and I have to press it to go to the app to see the message.  (See below)

I tried switching over to the Chrome messaging app and it works fine with proper previews. So it's definitely something to do with the Samsung Messages app, it's not a problem with a general setting on my phone. 

Screenshot_20211009-075753_Nova7.jpg

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Solution
Darthphillius
Explorer
Options
Hi. Have you tried checking the settings? Launch the Samsung message app and then at the top right hand corner select the 3 dots. In the menu select settings and from that menu select notifications. Near the bottom of this new page should be the option for message previews. Toggle it to on and that should be it sorted. If it's already set to on trying toggling it off and on again. Hope this helps.
0 Likes
Ngfd
Apprentice
Options

Oh thanks, I had tried that, but I hadn't looked under "In-app notification settings". That's where the culprit was.

blitzz2002
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem, but my "in-app notifications" are on and it still isn't working..

Dee30
First Poster
Options

Same here. Did you find a fix for this?

0 Likes
Bleebsthedweebs
Apprentice
Options

Can anyone tell me if they figured this out? I have checked all of the proper settings. Turned everything off and then back on as instructed and it still won't work no matter what I do. It's really frustrating because samsung messenger is my favorite but it refuses to work unless I turn on the annoying floating notification popup instead. I hate that.