Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly no more WhatsApp notifications

(Topic created on: 22-07-2021 08:29 AM)
Melsi92
Apprentice
Options
Hello!
I have a S21+ on Android 11 and since yesterday I am not getting any WhatsApp notifications anymore. I haven't changed any settings but out of a sudden I don't get the message popup (at the top) anymore neither does my phone vibrate when a message comes in. I only get the app symbol at the top that there's a new message but it's so easy to miss, especially when I'm using an app in fullscreen mode. All other apps are working fine and give vibrations and pop up messages. But WhatsApp doesn't. I've tried restarting my phone, checked my WhatsApp and App settings - nothing has changed. I did a software update on my phone two days ago or yesterday morning, could that have caused it? And how can I get the WhatsApp notifications back? It's driving me mad!
Thanks! 😊
20 REPLIES 20
Bhupesh Yadav
Apprentice
Options

Hi @Fdogacitua,

I also enabled the option to ignore Do Not Disturb Mode, and it worked. I'm getting Message Pop-ups now. Thankyou.

0 Likes
Maaiz
Apprentice
Options

Didnt work for me. Already tried. Already put whatsapp in exclusion list even do not disturb is enabled. All other messaging apps working great with no issue

0 Likes
Bhupesh Yadav
Apprentice
Options

I took a back-up of my chats, uninstalled the Beta version. I then installed the normal version of WhatsApp, restored the chats, and then changed the settings as mentioned by @Fdogacitua above. And It worked.

dmaf1993
Apprentice
Options

Having the exact same problem since Yesterday , S21 Ultra.

0 Likes
dmaf1993
Apprentice
Options

Screenshot_20211025-163723_WhatsApp.jpg

I update WhatsApp and this shows up now in my settings.

0 Likes
dmaf1993
Apprentice
Options

Worked for me! Thanks! I was on the  Beta program too. 

S21 Ultra 

Greetings from Nicaragua 🇳🇮

0 Likes
Bhupesh Yadav
Apprentice
Options

Update - I've stopped getting notifications AGAIN. I asked my friend, and he's also facing the same issue. I think the problem is with WhatsApp app. I'm getting notifications from other apps like Telegram and Instagram without any issue. 

0 Likes
GeorgeSilverhand
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem for a couple days and today finally I can fixed it, what worked for me was:
1. Searched manually for WhatsApp (I'm on Beta program) and force the last update which also is a Beta.
2. Exclude 'WA' from 'Do not disturb (DnD)', and deactivate 'DnD'
3. Force stop to 'WA' and open it again.
After that the vibration, light notification and everything back to normal, also the notifications back to the Galaxy Watch which it wasn't receiving any notification from WA as well.

Hope it works for y'all, and I also raised a Bug Report to WA team to make the aware of this issue with Samsung + Android 11+ and WA Beta.

0 Likes
hasham11
Explorer
Options

I am having exactly the same issue for the past 3 days, tried everything, still does not work with the sound and/or vibrate for new messages. I guess it is to do with the beta programme of WhatsApp. I am using S21 Ultra.

0 Likes
DdT1
First Poster
Options

It is very disappointing that whatsapp popup notifications are no longer available on a lock screen in the newer versions.  Don't know why it has been changed but it is annoying having to go into the app to answer whatsapp calls

0 Likes