Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop OneDrive from prompting

(Topic created on: 22-12-2020 09:48 PM)
michael_c
Apprentice
Options

Anyone know how to stop OneDrive from constantly asking me if I want to move to it? If I take photo's or screenshots I get this annoying pop-up! I've already asked Microsoft who say I need to speak to Samsung.

I've been down the route of disabling the app, stop notifications etc etc. I've even factory reset the phone and it still wont stop. You cant uninstall the app as it is now "built into" the phone.

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16
Members_0xHhgbe
First Poster
Options

Totally agree, I hate being forced to use some sort of cloud system, I have never signed up for Samsung Cloud or any other cloud service, why should we. Look what happened if we had of signed up to Samsung cloud, its being moved to someone else (onedrive) so we sign up to overdrive and then we will be told its moving to someone else then how do we know who else has access to our files, its just a way of getting us to buy more storage in the future. I used to own an Iphone and it drove me nuts that every time I took a photograph it appeared on my iPad and my mac....why? 

binarybasher
First Poster
Options

Good news, the last day to move is the 31st July, so it'll soon be over and hopefully not notify us anymore... 😆

0 Likes
PapaShaKerGB
First Poster
Options

It's spam. The date it's supposed to end keeps moving further out. 

Frustrating BS. As if I don't get enough scammer telemarketer calls, now I get to deal with lying notifications and threats to delete all of my gallery images from my phone. Stupid. Just stupid.

0 Likes
jamiedewitz
First Poster
Options

This is even more of a problem now, since the last update. The stupid thing pops up right after I dismiss it, and Samsung has greyed out the ability to turn notifications off for the Samsung account storage app. I use Google to backup my phone, I don't want this Samsung *****!

supabeast
First Poster
Options

You have to Unlink the Microsoft account with Samsung account. That should solve your notification problem.

0 Likes
Disenchanted1
First Poster
Options

Just use Google backup

0 Likes
Disenchanted1
First Poster
Options

Yes...I use Google and thumbprint back ups. No need for onedrive but nothing stops the notifications...grr

0 Likes