Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Spotify account & Samsung Music

(Topic created on: 07-08-2020 04:16 AM)
jonty1512
Apprentice
Options

Is there any way I can link my Spotify Premium account to Samsung Music so I  can use my Spotify Premium features in Samsung Music

9 REPLIES 9
SgBodzin
First Poster
Options

Did you ever find a solution to this problem. I have the same issue, seems Samsung Music ignores Spotify Premium.  I haven't found any solution.  Did you make any progress.

0 Likes
Solution
Pampoo
Pioneer
Options
Hi, Mate!

I understand that you would like to sync the songs from Spotify to Samsung Music. Please be informed that Samsung Music App can detect the Spotify but can't play the songs.
The reason for that is the downloaded songs in Spotify can only played by Spotify Player, it is a security or due to the private content ''copyright'' that only Spotify can play. You can also check the terms and condition of Spotify under the user guidelines.

Thank you!
brownie17
First Poster
Options

Hi, Jonty1512. Yes, it's true. I understood, that all downloaded songs in Spotify can only played by Spotify Player. I had the same situation. Despite this I like Spotify app because of it advantages: a huge database of music, multiplatform, excellent system of music selection, connection of social networks, sound quality, cheap paid subscription. Besides, if you have a musical talent and you record covers like me, you can try Spotify promotion.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

If you are interested, you can check the link https://spotistar.com .

0 Likes
MrNoidea
First Poster
Options

If samsung music cannot play Spotify premium, why does bixby not allow you to use Spotify and only Samsung music.

Prevention of access to apps seems a guaranteed way to force people to google assistant.

OK google submit

lilrepo
First Poster
Options

This is purely a sham. I a samsung consumer that purchases samsung for the intergration simplicity. Now that I have a Samsung Soundbar, Samsung S20 Ultra, Samsung Smart Hub, Samsung home security, this piece of ***** want me to use Samsung music so I can use wifi speaker? I can't use the option to play through pandora? Why? Even If I use samsung Music and even If I choose to use spotify throught Samsung app, you now tell me after I create an account and sign in, then authorize everything, I have to sign up to premium to even play through my soundbar? WTF, this is *****!

0 Likes
docdavidbanner
First Poster
Options

I understand about not being able to play DOWNLOADED music due to licensing issues, but none of my Spotify Premium music was downloaded. It was all just streamed.

No where does Samsung Music show anywhere I can log in to Spotify to access my account. 

What gives? Can I play Spotify Premium on Samsung Music or is this a fairy tale? 

Gunner19
Journeyman
Options

I too have a Spotify premium account & I understand rights issues and all that but what's the point of having an option for a Spotify tab in the Samsung Music Player if it's not going to work. I also have some of my playlists saved to my device which I can't access with the Samsung Music Player.  Doesn't make sense.

LisaBrown
First Poster
Options

I can't agree more. The Spotify Premium music is streamed even though it can play offline. Now I am considering if I should try to truly download the Spotify songs by using an extra tool, such as Audfree Spotify song downloader. But the legality is still a big problem. I am still hesitating.

0 Likes
Mole22
Journeyman
Options

Sharing my experience for you,I am using the Spotify free account so there are many limitation.such as couldn't listen to the music offline,then I serched on the internet and found that there are many music Music Converter on the market.finally I choose one called Tunelf Spotify Music Converter to convert music to MP3 ,add the song to my phone and could listen offline now. I don't know legality or not..😂