Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Some of my apps dont work

(Topic created on: 23-03-2021 07:20 PM)
sammyconz
Apprentice
Options

I was in and out of apps as I usually do, logged into my PayPal by mistake so closed it and pressed my Halifax but every time I pressed it nothing happened. Went on a few different apps and also did the same. I managed to get on my Halifax by uninstaling and adding again but it's done it again. Please help is my phone compromised because is seems to be apps with extra security or am I being paranoid 

EDIT...... if you go to Google play and uninstall webview it should sort itself out. Worked for me 🙂

741 REPLIES 741
Petercat5
Navigator
Options
How to update Android System WebView and Google Chrome

Updating the apps is very easy. Head to Google Play Store, then to “My Apps & Games” via the menu bar in the top left of the screen. Next click “Updates” and find the apps in the list. Update them both and the issue should be resolved.

If this does not work, some users suggest that removing the latest WebView update or uninstalling WebView entirely fixes the problem..... I've copied and pasted the above for those who may be worried about following the link I recently posted... Good luck.

You can do this by going to Google Play Store > My Apps & Games > Installed and hitting “uninstall” when you find WebView. You should then reboot your device and reinstall WebView.

All your apps should then work again as normal.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
There are many posts here as well as a solution.
0 Likes
Tazmini1
Apprentice
Options
mine has been doing the same since I updated yesterday
0 Likes
richigarth
First Poster
Options
my apps keep crashing, I can't update the android system webview app either on my S21 ultra? basically my brand new phone is broke 😳😠
0 Likes
Petercat5
Navigator
Options
It's a problem Google are having if you follow the advice I've posted it should mend it for you. Good luck.
0 Likes
grumlin
First Poster
Options
galaxy a71 gmail and outlook keeps stopping I've rebooted uninstall ok then has stopped again what the h***
0 Likes
allio
First Poster
Options
I have the same problem
0 Likes
Tazmini1
Apprentice
Options
works thanks for the help
kitkst
First Poster
Options
mines doing the same, cant even get texts now. Closing apps i didn't even know i had
0 Likes
chopper1961
Journeyman
Options
apparently Android has crashed ..causing all our phones problems...might be time to go iphone I think