Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some of my apps dont work

(Topic created on: 23-03-2021 10:25 AM)
sammyconz
Apprentice
Options

I was in and out of apps as I usually do, logged into my PayPal by mistake so closed it and pressed my Halifax but every time I pressed it nothing happened. Went on a few different apps and also did the same. I managed to get on my Halifax by uninstaling and adding again but it's done it again. Please help is my phone compromised because is seems to be apps with extra security or am I being paranoid 

EDIT...... if you go to Google play and uninstall webview it should sort itself out. Worked for me 🙂

741 REPLIES 741
catwoman54
First Poster
Options
this happened on my phone so I did uninstall web viewer which seems to work, however on my grandsons phone (a51) j can't find web viewer anywhere! anyone got ideas?
0 Likes
BBmoney
Explorer
Options
web viewer update works

Screenshot_20210323-102513_Google Play Store.png

0 Likes
DenH
First Poster
Options
since the update on my galaxy phone this morning, some apps including email keep closing down
0 Likes
Street8
Journeyman
Options
Same here can't use most of my apps since the last update and it keeps telling me that apps are causing a battery issue! I am isolating so need to be able to be connected. Please sort it quickly
0 Likes
JerryJza2k
Journeyman
Options
There's news articles about Google working on a fix. Apparently uninstalling the updates for Android system web view fixes the issue

The Sun: Why are my Android apps not working?....
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/14425409/android-apps-not-working-fix-why-samsung-galaxy/
0 Likes
naftl
First Poster
Options
this has happened with me too. I thought it was just me!
please fix this issue ASAP. thank you
0 Likes
tracyL
First Poster
Options
my apps not working how do i fix this please?
0 Likes
AlexW14
Apprentice
Options

Iv have had my S20 for just under a year now and never had any problems until this week.

I have used the app 'Baby Tracker' for a good 7 months without problem. Last night I loaded it up and it wouldn't load. It looks like it is to and then I get a blank white screen and then it goes back to my home page. I tried all the usual stuff, reset, update, uninstall etc. Got in touch with the app deleveloper and this morning it was fixed. Yey

However now it's stopped working again. But now my yahoo app and Gmail app are doing the same thing. Look like they are loading and then a white screen and then back to home page. So now I'm thinking it's not the app it's something to do with the phone. 

Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks 

Alex 

0 Likes
fcdionysus
First Poster
Options
Update android Web view,I just done so and it seems to have worked
0 Likes
BBmoney
Explorer
Options
GO TO PLAY STORE