Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some apps on my smartphone don't update

(Topic created on: 23-01-2024 07:44 PM)
Rick17
Explorer
Options

Hello.

I've been noticing that Play Store doesn't show updates for some of the apps I have installed in my smartphone from Play Store. I think it only affects the apps that were not already installed when I bought the phone. Can this situation be due to some option that might be disabled? Maybe I have to install the apps again so that they can be updated?

Please help if you have any idea what could be causing this situation.

I have a Samsung Galaxy A34 5G.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Greenmum1
Pioneer
Options
Have you set to automatically update apps in playstore? Have you checked playstore itself is up to date, have you done all your general updates?
0 Likes
cavellix
Pathfinder
Options
Check your battery settings for the apps. Quite a few I have that the s21 puts in restricted mode. Some won't update and others are unstable so if that happens I'm tapping to nav settings, I look rolling my eyes (again) and what do you know that apps on restricted... Can also happen if apps are put into deep sleep or sometimes when you just force close an app and it won't function correctly till you launch it
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Rick17: Have you tried manually checking for the relevant updates by opening the Play Store > Tap your profile in the top right > Manage apps and device > Updates? You can also try tapping your profile > Settings > Network preferences > Auto-update apps, and select 'Over any network' or 'Over Wi-Fi only'. Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes
Rick17
Explorer
Options

Hello.

I forgot to tell that I usually don't use the phone signed in to the Google Account, unless I have to do it to do something specific that can only be done by signing in. That's my policy regarding any account. I think it is more secure, because if someone robs my phone, they won't have immediate access to a lot of important personal data. So, when I want to update the apps, I go to Play Store without logging in, and select the option to check for updates: it was to the list that shows up when we select that option that I was referring to in my first post.

So today, I tried AndrewL suggestion and opened the Google Account (this time, I logged in) and tried to check for updates manually. The missing updates for the apps showed up immediately, next to the other ones. So, the problem is fixed! 

Now, why the updates for those specific apps do not show up without logging into Playstore? And I'm certain that there is an update available for at least one of those apps since the beginning of January.

0 Likes