Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

snapchat not working and lagging in game

(Topic created on: 05-03-2021 10:44 PM)
denispmenace10
Apprentice
Options

I have posted on here before to try and fix my snapchat problem but to no solution and i am here again due to a new reason. I am having a problem on my samsung s20 plus whilst gaming where if i minimize a game to answer a text or something and i go back into that game it starts to lag horrifically even if the game and the messaging is the only apps open. The phone gets extremely warm to the touch whilst running the game as well when it used to not do on other light gaming apps like the ones i play. 

My other problem is also snapchat, this app when it is on mobile data doesn't want to notify me if i get a snap, the annoying thing is being a student is that most of the time my phone is on mobile data so if i am missing a training session for rugby in school and my friends snap me i don't recieve the notification.  I have put up with this issue since I started using it on mobile data after the first lockdown but it has started to really annoy me now.  I have gone through connection settings and mobile data usage and that to try and fix the problem but it hasn't worked.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Betareviewer
Pioneer
Options
That happens to me also, but only usually with games requiring an internet connection. My theory is its something to do with the way your phone prioritises your Internet connection to the main application in use therefore the game in the backround receives a limited Internet connection in the backround. Then once you switch back to the game, internet connection is fully restored but the game lags until the game catches up to real-time.

It's completely normal for your device to warm up especially with graphic intensive applications as well as being charged at the time or not and even screen brightness.

Obviously try the obvious and makesure
your fully updated.

I would recommend checking your application permissions in your phone settings and change which applications you do or don't wish to use Internet in the background while not in use.

For Snapchat notifications go your your phone settings open notifications and find Snapchat and check that your notifications for Snapchat or turned on. Clear the cache and force stop the application also that sometimes clears up issues.

That failing try a fresh install.

Try running the optimization tool, which will free some ram.

Hope this helps.
0 Likes
denispmenace10
Apprentice
Options
thanks for the help will try 👍
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
please have a check if your snap chats on deep sleep. It happens to me. Mine automatically puts it to deep sleep and I am not sure y it does that. Hope this helps
0 Likes
denispmenace10
Apprentice
Options
thanks for the tip, but the app isn't in deep sleep
0 Likes
aa68
Voyager
Options
I think it is am issue with Snapchat, I've been having it recently too & no notifications are coming through (Snapchat only)

they are in a testing phase right now testing features to see what people like and what they don't like, it normally takes around 2-4 weeks for the bugs to be fixed
0 Likes
denispmenace10
Apprentice
Options
will wait until then but it's been happening since April or May last year, but thank you
0 Likes
aa68
Voyager
Options
hmm have you tried disabling background app usage to fix overheating?
0 Likes