Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Switch Error hr = 0x80040155 (interface not registered)

(Topic created on: 05-03-2022 10:26 PM)
Mike Nicoloff
First Poster
Options

I tried using Smart Switch,  on my Windows 11 Pro laptop and using Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2019 & my Samsung S21 Ultra Cell Phone.

When I plug in my phone to laptop, for the 1st time, I click "Outlook Sync"

Then I click "Sync Preferences for Outlook"

I get the Sync Preferences for Outlook screen, everything is greyed out except the check boxes for Contacts, Calendar, & To do.

When I check off either Contacts or Calendar or To do, I get the following error message   

hr = 0x80040155 (Interface not registered)

I even rebooted laptop & phone and still get this error message.  

I don't know why it wont work.  Can you please explain why it is not working.

I got screen shots pasted in Word if you require to see.

Thanks......Mike Nicoloff

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
0 Likes
Mike Nicoloff
First Poster
Options

Thanks but not using Outlook on my phone, I just want to sync my calendar & contacts only with the default calendar & contact app on the phone.  I only use Outlook on my laptop

thanks Mike

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I don't think you can without Outlook on your phone. Outlook is probably the missing interface the error message kicks up. It cannot sync with something when there's nothing to sync with.
I think what you want to do is to transfer the data. There should be a way to do that.
0 Likes
Mike Nicoloff
First Poster
Options

Two years ago, on my other laptop I did, and only sync my contacts & Calendar, not the e-mail, and didn't have outlook on the phone.  

I just want to sync my calendar & contact on my phone with my laptop

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
What program are you using in the laptop that you will be using to access this data?
0 Likes
Mike Nicoloff
First Poster
Options

I would like to sync on my laptop my Outlook Calendar & Outlook contacts.  On my Samsung S21 Ultra 21 it the calendar & contacts.  That's all I want to sync, using my laptop as the main item to sync

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
0 Likes
Mike Nicoloff
First Poster
Options

You have to pay for this, and you shouldn't have to  Samsung Switch use to do it and was free

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
There were several methods on that link only one was a paid for app. Did you miss those?
0 Likes