Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search option in Samsung Notes doesn't work

(Topic created on: 09-11-2022 08:53 PM)
Members_BgB7VpM
First Poster
Options

Hello,

When I search a specific word in Samsung Notes, the app only shows me the documents with the specific word in the TITLE. This is very annoying! Normally the app showed me all the documents with that specific word in the content of the document and not only the title!

Since the last update (I updated on 4 november) the problem started!

What can I do now? Thanks in advance.

12 REPLIES 12
dibbel26
Student
Options

Exact same issue here. A major inconvenience!

SamanShaker
Student
Options

Same! Need help please!

Shayan Khan
Journeyman
Options

Same issue! The "search" feature in Samsung Notes has gotten really bad after the latest update. When I search used to searched a word, it would show me all the documents in which that word was present. After the update, it shows less than half of the documents with that same word. It's not even handwritten, it's typed words in textbooks and it's still not working. I've tried cleaning cache, restarting the tablet as well as clearing the data. Nothing seems to be working.

Shayan Khan
Journeyman
Options

To clarify the issue I'm having,I'll give an example here.

I am using the Tab S7 and the latest update installed on my tablet was on the 31st of Oct 2022

the version is 4.4.00.64

After the recent update,whenever I search up a word in Samsung notes,it brings up  the document in which I've *hand written*  the specific word BUT NOT the word that is already typed in the pdf itself. So its detecting most handwriting but not what came in the document itself.

This is a big issue for me as the recognition of whats already typed in a document is much more important to me personally than the recognition of my own handwriting. This feature had made referencing so easy for me as a college student. Please fix is ASAP 😭

Andrew2014
First Poster
Options

Having the same issue. Downgrading to oldrr versiob resolves but keeps aski g to update. Can samsung fix the seatch text ahd handwriting notes with uldat s?

Volkan D
Student
Options

Is there any  news or update regarding this issue? It is annoying and lost myself in lots of notes while trying to find what I look for..

June_H
First Poster
Options

THIS IS SO ANNOYING.. I am a student and have tons of notes from different lectures.

I can not wrap my head around the issue hasn't been solved for so long since the last update.

Without a search feature, using this app is not different from working with a pile of hard copies.. -SIGH- 

quenaelin
Student
Options

Same problem here can't search handwritten notes anymore after latest update, I contacted Samsung because this must be a bug, I suggest you do the same.

Levent Erdem
First Poster
Options

same problem. This feature was the reason of my using samsung. please fix it. otherwise how can we search our notes in 300 400 notes?