Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Reminders: An easy, smart way to keep lists of things to do and to remember

(Topic created on: 09-09-2022 08:54 AM)
AntS
Options

Reminder is an app that makes it easy for you to keep lists of things to do and things to remember. It provides a smart feature that notifies you in advance of times, places, and situations related to your things to do. Reminders set with alarms can also be checked on the Calendar.

There’s some new features in the latest version of Reminder in One UI 4 that are worth mentioning, so this article is more than, er, well, a ‘reminder’ about Reminder.

How to find Reminder

There are a few ways to find Reminder.

• You can search for it by entering “Reminder” in the input window of the Finder that appears when you swipe your screen up.
  • Or, in the Calendar, you can launch the Reminder app by tapping the bell icon in the left menu;

AntS_0-1662465770154.png

• For when you want to remember something that you wrote in your Notes;

AntS_2-1662465957154.png

• For when a call is incoming but you can’t pick up;

AntS_3-1662465997944.png

• Or for those times when you want to go back to the website you’re viewing right now later, you can add everything to your Reminders;

AntS_4-1662466036696.png

What’s new in Reminder in One UI 4?

• There’s a brand new category management feature - so you can categorise and easily manage the things you need to do or remember by category.
  • You can now check Reminders on your PC by linking with Microsoft To Do.

AntS_5-1662466175312.png

• You can now easily add Reminders by entering their titles in the input window at the bottom of the first screen of the Reminder app.

AntS_6-1662466216927.png

• And easily share* to-do lists like your Calendar, or things to do with your friends and family in your busy daily life:

1. Go to “Manage categories

2. Tap “Add Category” and enter a name for the shared category.

3. Select the people you want to share the Reminder with from your Contacts, and invite them to become a member

AntS_7-1662466326008.png

The shared categories you have added will appear in the categories list.

AntS_8-1662466387922.png

By adding a Reminder you want to share with a member in a shared category, members who have accepted your invitation will be able to see the Reminder in the shared category.

*The “Share” feature is available on Galaxy devices (Android 9 or later) logged in with a Samsung account.

Try out the new Reminder app and let us know your thoughts and experiences of it by commenting below. For example, is it more practical, convenient and easier to use than before? Your thoughts on the new category management feature? Any ideas or suggestions to make the Reminder app even better? Share with us and the Community!

24 REPLIES 24
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
I use it all the time via Brixby, hay Bixby remind me to ABC, day/time as necessary
Absolutely wonderful
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sometimes you just forget about certain features and don't know why with this one as its so handy.
So great article and a useful reminder 😊
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@AntS  certainly useful guide.   I use Reminders regularly and find them beneficial and an efficient  way of noting important tasks/appointments.  Yes the category Management feature helpful and convenient, tend not to share a lot mind you.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
I too use it all the time. It's great just to hold down the power button and tell Bixby to set a reminder.
I use the Calendar list widget on my home screen and when I tell Bixby to set a reminder for a certain day and time. It's great to see it appear instantly in the widget list.
Awesome app Samsung and one I'd be lost without.
HA98
Journeyman
Options
Would you rather use bixby or Google assistant?
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
If you activate voice wake-up to Brixby, don't even need power button. Tc 👋
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Yeah but I prefer to just use the power button. I hold the phone in my left hand so my finger is in the perfect position to activate Bixby when required. I'd of thought there would be a very small battery saving too, by not having it listen to every word you say continually. 👍🏻
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Absolutely, you are right, I use Galaxy watch, so shouting at it is easier for me 😂😂😂
First Poster
Options
Google