Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung notes app search issue

(Topic created on: 24-09-2020 11:18 AM)
KAX1
Student
Options

I have two Samsung phones, galaxy note 8 and note 10 plus. 

Both phones are installed with the latest version of Samsung not app version 4.0.06.5

Ever since the update, when I search for the keyword, the search result only shows the titles of the notes with the keyword, and not shows the content of the notes which also has the keyword. 

For example, when I search for 'cooking', only the notes with the title containing 'cooking' will appear, but the others notes having the exact keyword in the content of the notes but don't have the keyword in the title, won't appear. 

Before the update, the search will show the notes with keyword in the title and/or in the the content, and also handwritten content!

I tried clear the data and cache and redownloaded the notes from the cloud. The problem doesn't resolve. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
KAX1
Student
Options

Good news. The issue is solved with the latest update 4.1.00.52

After installing the lasted update, go to app info (do so by long pressing the app icon) > storage > clean data + clean cache then restart your phone
After restarting your phone, open the app, start syncing and downloading your previous notes
NOTE: Since your are clearing your app data, remember to backup/sync your notes before doing so or your notes will be lost permanently after you clear your app data.

View solution in context

36 REPLIES 36
shabirahmeds
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same problem please let me know when it is fixed samung ...I can't search any keywords anymore in my notes apart from just the titles

Amanda03
First Poster
Options

Me too! It gets inconvenience. Please update if anyone have solution for this matter

TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi all!

I have passed this to the relevant department and I (or any of the Moderators) will provide you with an update as soon as we have an answer. Have a great weekend now.

Kyridin
First Poster
Options

I also have the absolutely same problem. It can't be that people bring out an update and many people then have such problems. I can't find anything at all if the search function doesn't work properly

kahin
Apprentice
Options

I have exactly same issue with latest version of Samsung notes. Please resolve this inconvenient issue asap. Thanks 

GreekBoy1997
Student
Options

Same problem. I have many notes and use the search function almost daily, so this is an app-breaking bug for me. Might have to look for a new notes app 😕

Mohammadwafa
First Poster
Options

Samsung has to do all the necessary tests before launching any update for any of its applications, especially if this application is used on a daily basis and by all users

Hope this problem will be solved soon

irrix17
First Poster
Options

Same issue here. Thought I was alone. Samsung, please get it fixed fast!

Lanie
First Poster
Options

Me too, it's very frustrating