Go to solution Solved

Samsung Members app - Error Reporting

(Topic created on: 01-05-2018 03:08 PM)
LiamH
Pathfinder
Options

apps_members_logo.png

Hi guys!

When troubleshooting and other relevant guidance doesn't provide an answer, we might ask you to send an Error Report via the Samsung Members app. When doing so, you can send system log data. This process will help us provide the relevant support.

Check out this guide so we can help out as quickly as possible. 

1. Open the Samsung Members app.

If you've got an S8/S8+, S9/S9+ or the Note8, Samsung Members is preinstalled on your phone. You'll find this within the Samsung Apps folder. If it's not installed on your model, head to Galaxy Apps or Google Play and install it from there. 

If your phone screen looks something like this, you're in the right place.

members9.jpg

2. Select the Support Tab.

Head to Support and select the Send Feedback option. We'll then be able to help out with the selected device. You can also find lots of other useful features here, such as FAQs. It might be worth looking through these before sending feedback.

members8.jpg

3. Select Error Reports.

Select Error Reports from the menu on-screen. You can also send our Support Team questions about anything Samsung related - our Support Team will respond ASAP. 

A message may appear on screen asking if you want to 'send the system log data'. You can choose to 'Always' or 'Just this time'. Remember, Error Reports will use data. Depending on your network plan, it's probably best to send this via Wi-Fi only.

members7.jpg

4. Select the error type.

If you're experiencing problems with your device, choose the most relevant category displayed. If none of these are related to the issue, select Others.

members6.jpg

5. Send system log data and enter a description.

It's really important that you include a detailed description of the issue. Tick the 'Send System Log Data' option on screen. You can also attach images from the Gallery, screenshots and audio files to support your query. 

If we've requested an Error Report on a Community thread, don't forget to include your Community Username within the description (eg: LiamH) - We'll need this to locate your Error Report.

members5.jpg

6. Let us know you've sent an Error Report

If we've asked you to send an Error Report via Samsung Members, please let us know. We will then be able to provide further support quickly.

Go to solution
31 REPLIES 31
mitopa
Pathfinder
Options

I'd uninstall and reinstall the members app.

there's no data to be lost, so it's fastest way to go.

if problem persists, let us know.

0 Likes
Carolll
Navigator
Options

@mitopa wrote:

Problem seems to have gone, still can't figure out how it started and how it ended but ok. Thanks anyway 

mitopa
Pathfinder
Options

@Carolll wrote:

@mitopa wrote:

Problem seems to have gone, still can't figure out how it started and how it ended but ok. Thanks anyway 

I agree with you.   I'm not a fan of the scripted and automatic troubleshooting steps we so often receive from Level 1 support.    Their first reply instructs us to wipe partitions indiscriminately without any assurance that it'll fix anything.

If you're interested, you can collect the logs and check for any errors or warnings recorded during the incident or right  before you fixed it.      Settings -> Developer Optio s -> Generate Bug report is one such option.      Have you used ADB?

Carolll
Navigator
Options

@mitopa wrote:

@Carolll wrote:

@mitopa wrote:

I agree with you.   I'm not a fan of the scripted and automatic troubleshooting steps we so often receive from Level 1 support.    Their first reply instructs us to wipe partitions indiscriminately without any assurance that it'll fix anything.

If you're interested, you can collect the logs and check for any errors or warnings recorded during the incident or right  before you fixed it.      Settings -> Developer Optio s -> Generate Bug report is one such option.      Have you used ADB?

Wiping anything at this point in time has become a bit ridiculous i think.. completely agree with you.

So that's nice, it's the first dev option and i never noticed it :] thanks a lot for the suggestions, when this happened i didn't have the time even to think about creating a log but i know about ADB and i have it always ready if i need it 

Next time I'll keep your suggestions in mind, very kind of you :smiling-face:

0 Likes
bimaloy30
Student
Options

There are three tools available within the app: Device Diagnostics, Smart Tutor, and A/S Center. Device Diagnostics is where tests can be selected to run on the phone and check on WiFi, battery, Bluetooth, or other sensors. If needed, actions will be made. Smart Tutor is where a live customer service agent can be contacted for help while the A/S Center is where you can find the nearest support center.

0 Likes
Rahima
First Poster
Options

How long does it take for you to reply on a system log?

0 Likes
mitopa
Pathfinder
Options

collect system logs.   open phone dialer and type this code:  *#9900#      

0 Likes
mitopa
Pathfinder
Options

@Rahima wrote:

How long does it take for you to reply on a system log?

A few hours.

0 Likes
SuperDave010
Apprentice
Options

I'm trying to install the Samsung Members app on my Galaxy s9 so that I can join the Pie beta program.  When I try to install the app via the app store on my phone, though, the app does not show up.  When I went to the app store on my pc, I got a message saying that the app is incompatible with my device.  How do I go about installing this?

0 Likes
danitudi971
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

Hello,

would you provied us software information about your phone? (Settings ---> About the phone ---> Software Info).

This will make us know which is your Galaxy device's market launch and the availability of the Samsung Member app.

See you soon!

Un assistente vocale per il tuo ecosistema Galaxy: Bixby

0 Likes