Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Keyboard app : glitch / bug when editing typing - cursor jumps and extra letters appear inserted in random places.

(Topic created on: 23-11-2022 11:07 PM)
Georg22
Apprentice
Options

My current version of Samsung Keyboard  app on my Samsung phone: 3.3.21.22

It is easiest for me to describe this issue using a real example, so here we go:

When I am typing using the Samsung Keyboard app, for example I was typing:

"Hello! Hope you're magic show"

and then realised I wrote the wrong your/you're, so I moved the cursor to edit it. I deleted the 're and retyped the r but then The Glitch (yes, it deserves the capitals) happened and this is what shows up:

"Hello! Hope ymagyouricshow" with the cursor waiting there at the end, after the the w.

The Glitch has moved the word into the middle of another word, removed the spaces and added a duplicate of the first letter of the word I was editing to the start of the new composite word and moved the cursor to the end. Makes it a bit difficult to communicate.

The Glitch happens to me often, I have been putting up with it for... years. Thought it was a bug that would be fixed.

Has anyone else experienced The Glitch? Why is this happening? How can I stop it from happening?

Thank-you for reading!

53 REPLIES 53
Members_koLpmqH
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem on my S22 Ultra

0 Likes
Blueglue
Student
Options

My latest work around is Settings > Keyboard list and default  and select a whichever keyboard you want which in my case was still Samsung Keyboard, but on the input list below that (i.e. dictionary/voice...Samsung, g board, grammarly etc...) i had grammarly ticked. So when using my Samsung keyboard the predictive text and suggestions all work now and does not garble the words and move the cursor to the end. I can remember whether i restarted after to implement as having apps still open may not switch over immediately.

Just seems a bit buried rather than having a straight dictionary option. 

0 Likes
maximuslyricus
Apprentice
Options

Nothing yet. Some have said that using Samsung keyboard with predictive text off works.  I

I might break down and try it. It's so frustrating typing a letter and trying to get the secondary to come up but getting three, four and five of the same letter. 

0 Likes
Rick19
First Poster
Options

I was having same issue, i noticed it was while i was on Facebook, i tried all possible fixes like clear cache ect and finally solved by uninstalling facebook, restart phone, reinstall Facebook.

0 Likes
enjomarty
First Poster
Options
FIXED!😁😁😁

Dial *#2663#

There's a youtube and it works! Unlike in the video, once you enter this number into your dialer, this number dissappears once entered, but it fixes the issue!🥰🥰🥰

https://youtu.be/jT2YM8gz_44
0 Likes
Debbieb
First Poster
Options
You've just solved my phone also. It's been driving me nuts for months. Thanks
0 Likes
Enquire
First Poster
Options

I see the same issue. What is most annoying is that, say, if I am editing a long text somewhere near the top or in the middle of the text, the view jumps to the end of the text. If I continue typing, it jumps back to my edit point (even if I see only the end of the text block) ... but then jumps back again to the end of the block.

I turned off predictive editing and this seems to have fixed the problem, but I seem to have lost interactive spell checking.

0 Likes
jedovdroy
First Poster
Options
I have a glitch where whenever I swipe "and" the letters ams come up instead, how do I delete ams from learnt or known words, I don't know why it predicts ams, it's not even a real word
0 Likes
h3LP
First Poster
Options
Glitch master 5000
Help
0 Likes
KazR
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I just swapped from Samsung to Gboard, no issues 

0 Likes