Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health keep crashing on Huawei P30 pro since last update

(Topic created on: 06-09-2020 09:32 AM)
JesseC
First Poster
Options

Since the latest update of the Samsung Health app, it keeps crashing when opening on my Huawei P30 Pro. I've been using this app on this phone for over a year with no issues. I heard other users of Huawei with the same issue.

The only way to access the app without crashing is using the notification with the count of steps, but as soon as you leave that screen it will crash again.

I tried stopping the app, clearing the cache, and reinstalling with no effect. Everything is pointing at an issue with the latest update of the app.

Anyone has found a solution for this? Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Drasuk
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue and why haven't they solved this issue? It's already persistant over weeks...

I hope they find a solution soon.

0 Likes
Ngandrade
First Poster
Options

Same problem here. Any solution yet? 

0 Likes
Jp2012
First Poster
Options

I've got this exact problem so basically can't look at any of the data any. Highly annoying as can't really use the watch as intended! 

0 Likes
cboivin80
First Poster
Options

I got exactly same issue with mate 20 pro

0 Likes
Dochsa
First Poster
Options

I have had the exact same thing happen to me on the P30Pro, I did find if you click on the app 10 -14 times it does eventually stay open. Even after the latest updates it is the same so annoying. Why are Samsung not fixing this?

0 Likes
JohanK2
Student
Options

I have the exact same thing with my P30 Pro and Watch 3. It started in late August 2020 and has been going on since then. 

I've figured out a workaround that works (for me at least). If I follow these steps Galaxy Health will work as normal for a few hours but then all of a sudden it doesn't work anymore.

First I clear the cache for the following apps:

Galaxy Watch3 plugin 
Galaxy Wearable
Samsung Accessory Service
Samsung Health
Watch Plugin

Then I restart both the phone and the watch and wait until the restarts have finished completely (all icons loaded etc).

Finally I (re)connect to the Watch in Galaxy Wearable.

Then it should work for a while

0 Likes
JohanK2
Student
Options

Found an easier solution; it seems that the problem occur when Samsung Health is closed (i.e. by swiping when showing all apps, optimize, close all apps etc).

To get the app working again go to Settings\Apps\...\Samsung health and click force stop. Then it should work fine again.

0 Likes