Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Health chart y-axis data range

(Topic created on: 28-04-2023 09:03 AM)
GHowe
Apprentice
Options

I've noticed that Samsung Health has recently stopped adjusting the y-axis data range for trends like weight, muscle mass, etc.  This makes the graphs basically unreadable since all the data is now essentially a flat horizontal line.  Has anyone else seen this recently?  I'm primarily using a Samsung Galaxy S10.     

10 REPLIES 10
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi, If you click on the horizontal lines, it should show you a graph with X and Y axes with data ranging from 7/31/365 days.

Roodog2k
First Poster
Options

I have been having the same issue for days.  This has happened before maybe a year or two ago.  I couldn't find a fix, but I think it was fixed in an update.

0 Likes
GHowe
Apprentice
Options

Thanks both for the replies.  It's strange because it does do some adjustment to the y-axis, but it always sets the lower limit at 0.  I tried looking through my recent data to see if I mistakenly put in a 0 somewhere, but I didn't find anything.

Another strange thing is that very briefly, for a fraction of a second, when switching from 'body fat' back to 'weight', it WILL have the adjusted y-axis.  But then it immediately rescales to y=0.  Guess I’ll just hope for an update. 

Cheers.

(Edited because the word p-u-t-s was bleeped for some reason?  No wonder this software is buggy, hah! )

VandanTanna
Student
Options

Set your target weight. This will cause the Y axis to scale properly.

0 Likes
Solution
GHowe
Apprentice
Options

This indeed solved the issue!  Thanks VandanTanna and everyone for the help!

0 Likes
PamVA
First Poster
Options

Following an update, the maximum weight on the graph is 331 so the weight line is flat across the bottom and the 20 pounds I lost look like nothing.

I tried entering a new weight goal as suggested above and that didn't work. 

Guess it's time for an iPhone. Sick of these Samsung updates messing everything up.

0 Likes
GCN3030
Apprentice
Options

Same thing happening here to me in Android following latest update.  I noticed this issue before and solved it by entering weight target but now entering a weight target no longer fixes the scaling issue.  It is pretty dumb to show a graph that goes up to over 300lbs if my weight has only varied from 185 to 145 since January of this year.  Samsung needs to fix this so you can adjust the y- axis otherwise the graph is basically useless.

0 Likes
GCN3030
Apprentice
Options

Well now I deleted the targets and the graph rescaled properly.  Somehow there is a weird bug causing the weight targets to start at really high figures that make no sense whatsoever.  

Screenshot_20231106_172255_Samsung Health.jpg

GCN3030
Apprentice
Options

Screenshot_20231106_173020_Samsung Health.jpg

Screenshot_20231106_173053_Samsung Health.jpg

Not sure where this nonsensical 342.4 lb number is coming from on the target page bit it is clearly in error and seems to be what is throwing off the scale and there is no way to fix so now the target function makes the scale messed up.

Screenshot_20231106_173047_Samsung Health.jpg