Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Email – feedback on improvements

(Topic created on: 21-10-2022 10:13 AM)
jack6503
Pioneer
Options

i just moved from microsoft outlook to samsung email and this is my feedback:

1. should be customisable to remove that top panel.
  2. should be customisable to remove those color dots.
  3. should be customisable to write new email by default when pressing +.
  4. when deleting email by swipe, that orange thing is too slow (5 sec?). should remove faster.
  5. when having 1 feature by swipe, that feature should activate automatically, no need to press it again after swipe.
  6. side-menu; should be customisable to hide that section.

1.png

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AntS
Options

Hi @jack6503,!

I've forwarded your feedback and suggestions to our colleagues on the software team. Me or one of the other moderators will let you know what the developers say.

AntS
Options

@jack6503 , Just a follow-up question: which Samsung Email app version (Samsung Email app > 3 lines on the left > cog wheel icon/Email settings > About Email) and device are you using?

0 Likes
jack6503
Pioneer
Options

@AntS 

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@jack6503 , Cheers! 

The developers have replied back to us.

1. should be customisable to remove that top panel.- Developers advise that the current implementation is tied in with the overall One UI concept. But, they will be looking for more users who would like a change.

2. should be customisable to remove those color dots. - The developers advised that the dots are intuitive to the user because they represent the colors of each mail account, and they're not currently looking to change this concept.

3. should be customisable to write new email by default when pressing +.  - An interesting one, as neither me or my colleagues have the '+' button. We have a pen/pencil icon at the bottom right that takes us straight to writing a new email.  We have the same 6.1.73.1 version you have too. From the Samsung Email app on my UK S10 on Android 12/One UI 4.1:

Screenshot_20221125-122624_Email.jpg

Unsure why yours would be different though. 😕

4. when deleting email by swipe, that orange thing is too slow (5 sec?). should remove faster. - Developers recommend submitting an error report with log files via the Samsung Members app as sson as you notice it, or visiting a Support Centre, so that the issue can be analysed. 

5. when having 1 feature by swipe, that feature should activate automatically, no need to press it again after swipe. - If there are more users who would like this suggestion then it's possible that it will be implemented.

6. side-menu; should be customisable to hide that section. - Same as no.5: if more users would like the option it's possible it will be implemented.

For those features where the developers are looking for more users who may like them, we'd encourage those folks to let us know here. 

0 Likes