Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Email doesn't connect with Exchange server

(Topic created on: 19-07-2023 01:08 PM)
Cristal-Habitat
Student
Options

Hi,

I'm having issues with the Samsung Email app. I can't connect it to my Exchange server, even though the account and server address are correct. I have this error : Impossible to verify account. I've tried with different account and all of them have the same error. Same for other devices (I've tried with a SM-A336B and a SM-A750FN).

I've also tested adding directly an exchange account in Accounts but I've got the same result.

I've tried with the Outlook app with the same parameters and it works. So the issue doesn't come from the Exchange server.

Has anyone an idea of why I can't connect with Samsung Email ?

I would like to use this app because it synchronizes mail, contacts, calendar and tasks.

Regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MuratF
Journeyman
Options

Hi @Chris279 ,

This issue seem solved with 6.1.81.1 version. If u keep had issue update email app latest version and try again.

View solution in context

11 REPLIES 11
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
I have 4 accounts that use the Samsung mail and they all work.
All I can suggest is that the mail address is correct and the password matches. You should have an option for the type of exchange. Make sure you choose the correct one.
0 Likes
redsunset2022
Voyager
Options
It might not apply in your case, but some email providers have moved over to using an 'app' password. If this is enabled then your 'normal' password will be rejected.
0 Likes
Curtis Hunter
First Poster
Options

I'm struggling with the same problem for weeks now.

Exactly like your problem. The Exchange Accounts are working fine with any other e-mail app but with the Samsung E-Mail App it just won't work.

On another smartphone where the e-mail accounts are already connected long time ago... they working fine but adding new accounts is a pain in the ass.

Chris279
First Poster
Options

Hello!

I had the same issue. I deleted one account and could not restore ist. It apeared with version 6.1.80.16. Existing exchange accounts worked (so they syncronised propperly), but i could not add a new account (same error: Impossible to verrify account...). I had to restore to the previus version of samsung e-mail (6.1.75.0), then it worked again. There must have something changed from version 8.1.75.0 to 6.1.80.16.

Solution
MuratF
Journeyman
Options

Hi @Chris279 ,

This issue seem solved with 6.1.81.1 version. If u keep had issue update email app latest version and try again.

Cristal-Habitat
Student
Options

Hi @MuratF ,

I just updated the app and it works now.

Thanks,

0 Likes
msalehi
First Poster
Options

Hello,

Also, I am facing same problem with Samsung Email 

0 Likes
lievenborms
First Poster
Options

I've also noticed this issue after an update.
I deleted the app and installing the latest (version 8.1.82.0) but the problem wasn't solved.
After downloading and installing version 8.1.75.0, it works again.
Does anybody know if this issue returned in latest version?

0 Likes
Gian-carlo
First Poster
Options

Same here (version 8.1.82.0), all existing accounts work, but adding a new account stops on the security connection.
Adding the same acount on any other device/brand works

How to downgrade to version version 8.1.75.0?

0 Likes