Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung email app doesn't work for Exchange account

(Topic created on: 15-10-2020 03:56 PM)
mh62
Apprentice
Options

I have setup an IMAP access to one of my working emails and that is fine. Now, that I want to setup another account for Exchange, I get an error which says "Couldn't verify account, check your account and Exchange server information, then try again".

I followed exactly the guide provided here

That is straightforward and I don't know why it fails.

Additionally, I installed bluemail app and when I gave email/user/password it promptly fetches the emails and works perfectly. So, I wonder why samsung app is not able to accomplish that.

Any thought?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@mh62: I'm pleased to hear that you were able to add your Exchange account. Don't be alarmed by the security settings, as this is similar to allowing Permissions when accessing an app for the first time. The 'erase data without warning' message is only applicable to a Factory Data Reset, which can only be performed manually, so no need to worry. Just go ahead and hit 'Apply' and you'll be good to go. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options

@mh62: Can you confirm that you are attempting to add the Exchange account via Settings > Accounts and Backup > Accounts > Add Account > Exchange? I noticed in the guide linked above that it mentions to remove any existing IMAP accounts, therefore you may wish to try this before setting up the Exchange account to see if this helps. For further clarification, please contact your University IT department directly. 

0 Likes
StephanN
Journeyman
Options
confirm you are entering the right domain\username info
0 Likes
mh62
Apprentice
Options

@AndrewL: Thanks for the reply.

What I understand from "First remove your 'IMAP' (Cyrus) account if you have one" in the guide page, is that I have to remove a similar account from that university which uses IMAP. In fact, my other IMAP account is from somewhere else and not this university.

So, possibilities are
1- The Samsung email app can not handle one IMAP and one Exchange accounts at the moment.

2- The university requires the client to first remove ANY IMAP account from the app because the excange protocol can not be used in parallel with an IMAP account.

@StephanN: The guide simply says "use your email address". I did that but doesn't work.

0 Likes
mh62
Apprentice
Options

@AndrewL

It seems that what is written in the guide page is not correct. Actually, I let bluemail to automatically setup the exchange account and then checked that the server name is different from what I see in the university page.

So, at the moment, I used the new server address and the setup completes. However, I get a message that I have to apply a security setting, and as you can see in the picture, the settings are quite strange as I am allowing email app to erase data without warning!!

Do you have any idea?

Is that a setting from samsung email app?

Screenshot_20201015-191524_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20201015-191511_Email.jpg

0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@mh62: I'm pleased to hear that you were able to add your Exchange account. Don't be alarmed by the security settings, as this is similar to allowing Permissions when accessing an app for the first time. The 'erase data without warning' message is only applicable to a Factory Data Reset, which can only be performed manually, so no need to worry. Just go ahead and hit 'Apply' and you'll be good to go. 

0 Likes
mh62
Apprentice
Options

You are right. Thank you very much.