Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Cloud Backup Duration

(Topic created on: 25-03-2021 11:41 PM)
Rowan
Apprentice
Options

I dropped my Samsung Galaxy A70 on its corner, resulting in the screen to glitch and bleed, although it is still functional in that I receive notifications/alarms go off. I'm backing it up to the Samsung Cloud on Samsung Find My Mobile on my desktop laptop, as from what I've been told my phone will be factory reset when sent for repair. However, I've never used this feature before (had the phone for about a year), and I started backing up Tuesday night (so about 48 hours, no it hasn't been switched off/ran out of battery), and there's still a large majority of features left backing up, with no time or progress estimates - I was wondering how long it normally takes other people, at this rate it feels like it will take a full week to get through everything. Although it might just be because I've not backed up to the cloud before, I'm not entirely sure. 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Solution
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Use Samsung Switch instead to back it up to your PC it is much quicker.
Rowan
Apprentice
Options

Yeah, I actually just downloaded it on my desktop, since I read the Samsung cloud won't backup everything (Notes for example). Just need to get an adapter, figure out how to backup with the screen not working. Thanks for the response!

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Samsung cloud closes at the end of the month. No files and images will be backed up,only things like contacts and notes will be retained. Try Smart Switch for PC is what you need.
Rowan
Apprentice
Options

Is it possible to backup using Smart Switch while the phone screen itself is unusable? Or will I need to find a way to display the screen on another device and remote control it like that (I'm not very tech savvy ahahah)

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yes, you don't need to see the screen. If the screen is locked use Find My Mobile to unlock it.
Rowan
Apprentice
Options

Thank you!

0 Likes