Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Calendar Feature Request

(Topic created on: 17-08-2023 01:54 PM)
A1ecc
Apprentice
Options
Could we see a feature where you can create events in the calendar once every other week, day, and month, as the current option for creating schedules is very limited, being only able to create an event which occurs either every day, week, month, or year.

Its not a huge request, but it will help to make the calendar app easier to use for many people who currently have to use other apps to create schedules which operate on a bi-weekly basis or a bi-monthly basis.

Samsung calendar is good for creating schedules which operate on a weekly basis. 
However for most students and people who create schedules which operate over 2 weeks, rather than 1 this can be extremely difficult to do.

Would it also be possible to create exeptions to the current options, such as everyday apart from monday and tuesday, for example, or every week apart from selected weeks, such as school holidays, annual leave, or bank holidays.

Please could these features be implemented in the next Samsung Calendar update, as they would be extremely beneficial for many samsung users who make use of the calendar app.

Thank you,
Alec
6 REPLIES 6
Explorer
Options
The first part you can already do. When you create a new event and are on the page with the 'repeat' options - click on say, week, and then click on the '1' and you can then choose whatever number you want as the repeat rate. The same obviously applies to the day/ month/ year options

I've not come across any way of setting exceptions, I agree it would be nice to have
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Not sure if it helps but you can use the alarm tab in Samsung Clock to exclude days etc and you can choose options for each alarm e.g vibration and sound on or off etc I use it for my work alarms as I don't work every day and is ok for doing quick reminders etc. May not be perfect but hopefully helpful
A1ecc
Apprentice
Options
This is a really good idea, thank you so much, I have tried this before but I find that following a schedule tends to be a lot easier when you're able to visualise your tasks, such as on a calendar, which is why I suggested such features be implemented.
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I use outlook for my calendar. What I have found is you have a lot more options when adding events and reminders on a computer Vs on the phone. I'm not sure if it's same with Samsung Calendar. May be worth trying adding the event on your phone but try editing it when your on your computer, you migh find you have a lot more options?
0 Likes
A1ecc
Apprentice
Options
I will definitely give that a try, thanks foe the recommendation!
0 Likes
voltyvic
Explorer
Options
You can do some exceptions. Set up your whole schedule. Go to one of the dates you want to exclude, click on one of the items and press delete this event. It will say Delete this event? and give you the options to

Move this event to the recycle bin?

Delete this and future events (in red)

Move all events in series to the recycle bin

Tap the first one. That single event will go but the others will remain.
(Do this on a mini one off first just to check though, and don't click on the wrong one - maybe do a backup before you start that you can retrieve just in case!)

If you have masses it will be laborious but for things like annual leave and Bank Holidays it's not too bad.
0 Likes