Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung calendar events when roaming

(Topic created on: 26-02-2023 09:38 AM)
ConfusedSnowman
Apprentice
Options
I often travel to different time zones for work and get future appointments emailed to me (for when I'm home) but I end up saving them in my roaming time zone not the home time. I have a 3rd party app to manage .ics files as it asks what time zone to save the appointment in. Is there a way to get Samsung calendar to recognise I'm roaming and ask if the appointment is for the local or home time zone? Particularly when there isn't an .ics and I've just tapped on the highlighted date and time in the email to open the new event dialogue. 
It's never fun to start the following week an hour late to everything. 
5 REPLIES 5
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I use outlook for all my email and calendars scheduling, it seemed to adjust just fine.

You may want to give it a try?
ConfusedSnowman
Apprentice
Options
I certainly do but unfortunately Outlook mobile doesn't work with custom domain emails.
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It does work with customs domain, I have a work email, my personal Gmail, personal domain all on outlook at the same time
0 Likes
ConfusedSnowman
Apprentice
Options
It does for the website/ through the browser and the other office apps but the only way I can get it to work is by creating a separate (unpaid) 365 account under a new outlook email and then add my custom email accounts as additionals. If I try to login using my 365 account, I just get a generic authentication error. I'll see if what I have now is a useable workaround though.
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
That's shouldn't happen, I had it for just a domain email account worked fine.

In the custom email accounts, did you out right A Record for the email domain.
0 Likes