Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Text Messages

(Topic created on: 16-02-2021 11:24 AM)
Adamw969
Navigator
Options

Hi, 

Is anyone having trouble with text messages. I chose the Samsung message app and i can send texts but cannot receive any. 

The Google messages app built in i think is causing the issues but i cannot uninstall it. 

I have tried using the Google app but is a right mess, message from the wrong person in conversations. 

0 Likes
Go to solution
25 REPLIES 25
VonK
First Poster
Options
Anyone know how to reverse contacts list (z-a) in messages so that it is in sync (a-z) with both the contacts & phone apps list ?
0 Likes
AudgeB
First Poster
Options

I had this same issue with my new Samsung s21 ultra! I got messages from some contacts but not all.  But my messages were sending.  I found the fix!! At least this is what worked for me. I set the Google messaging as my default and enabled chat. You need to make sure that chat is turned off on old devices.  Go to https://messages.google.com/disable-chat especially if like me you don't have your old device because you traded it in! Then I restarted my phone and now I get messages from those that I didn't before! Hopefully you've found a fix by now,  but just in case others are looking at this like I was.  

0 Likes
Jillyoung
First Poster
Options

All of my problems with texts disappearing started after I switched to safe mode when I wanted to get rid of cookies. I was using my Google maps app and ads kept covering up the screen and I could not use the maps or close the ads. I ended up lost out of town late at night. I was so frustrated! And a little afraid on top of it. Now I have this issue of my longer texts being disappeared ! Is this 16 hundred dollar phone limiting the length of my texts? It would be nice to know before I waste anymore of my time.

0 Likes
Cgbowness
First Poster
Options

I don't have a Rich communication option.....

My texts are not showing up in the conversation unless I tap the person.  Then it won't update the conversation 

0 Likes
PeBbLeRoCk
First Poster
Options

I realize your response was from 2021 but the same thing just started happening to me yesterday. I tried what you suggested but after clicking on chat settings there was no toggle for rich communications. Has anything changed? I'm not even able to look at the app in the galaxy store. Says my operating system isn't combatible. Help!! 😵💫

0 Likes
mywebguy
First Poster
Options

I have a similar problem.  >> anyone here know how to back up Keys Cafe (My Stickers) tags so that I can transfer to a new phone?

I need to know how to backup settings of GOOD LOCK / KEYS CAFE App? 

I am using a Samsung ZFLIP 5 and migrating to a new ZFLIP 5. I spent a week setting up the KEYS CAFE with specific tags on 100's of images that enables me to see pop up suggestions of memes in my text messages, and insert them easily. (LOVE KEYS CAFE!) and now that I am switching to a new phone, I need to know how to migrate those tags (app data) to a new phone? There does not seem to be any back up option?  

While I am on here, if anyone knows of any other predictive image type of app exists besides Keys Cafe (My Stickers)?  The big feature I need is the ability to type a word in my Samsung Messages app, such as "Thanks" and it will pop up a bunch of images which I have tagged with "#thanks"

I don't understand why that Samsung would allow people to "Tag" their photos, and then not allow those tagged photos to be used when text messaging with Samsung Messages?  

0 Likes