Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10 plus

(Topic created on: 03-07-2021 01:31 PM)
Gadgie1
First Poster
Options

Hi, I'm thinking of buying an S10 plus online. I contacted the seller and they stated that the phone was unlocked and it's the American version. My question is will it work to its full capacity in the UK or will I lose some usability, Also could you please tell me if this is correct for all versions of this phone as in if they're made for  the Asian market or south American version would they work in the UK. Many Thanks William

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The best way to confirm whether a device will work in a different region is to compare the frequencies of the carrier and see if they are supported by the phone. Certainly, US devices do not support 5G in the UK. You may also find the device is region locked. You will have no UK warranty and not receive OTA updates.
AndrewL
Options

@Gadgie1: Software and hardware variances exist in our mobile phones from region to region for compatibility purposes, therefore if you're based in the UK, and your phone is intended for use in another country/region, then access to some apps and services will not be possible. As mentioned by @Pugs1957 the warranty will also not be valid in the UK, due to our regional warranty policy. With the above in mind, I recommend purchasing the Galaxy S10+ from a reputable retailer inside the UK.