Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running recovery time

(Topic created on: 26-07-2022 04:18 PM)
Restlessdan
Apprentice
Options
I love the metrics I get out of my galaxy watch with Samsung health for running. Would love to see estimated recovery times or a readiness score before planning my next workout.
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Sounds good, I normally ask that question from my body, myself and me and I decide at the end,

I have two 10k running days, Wednesday and Sundays, and my last heavy weight for legs day is Thursday, so I have enough recovery time

I did consider, doing Deadlift on Thursday after running on Wednesday.. Whether I am asking too much from my legs.. Well.. They are doing fine at the moment 🤗 🤗
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
I have been a good boy so far.. This is for this year Screenshot_20220726-151551_Nike Run Club.jpg
Restlessdan
Apprentice
Options
I do the same too, but would be interesting for days where I say yeah I'm good but the calculation would be leaning towards a rest day
Restlessdan
Apprentice
Options
How is Nike run?
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
With Garmin and Apple watch It's working perfectly buddy, however I am hearing its not working well with Galaxy watch
If you have a Galaxy watch, and using it for Treadmill running, I will be really grateful to you if you can test it for me
I am waiting for my first Galaxy watch 5 in August 🤣
0 Likes
Fat Sloth
Student
Options

I'd love it if SHealth packs a body recovery metric or something similar. This may not be an issue for experienced runners, but for those who are starting out, it could be very important. Right now, the app feels like it wants me to run or workout every day - something that could be detrimental since you need to rest and give time to your body to recover. A metric that says one must take a day off from working out after a 15 km or 5 km run can go a long way in preventing injuries or preparing for races.