Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Restore Samsung backup to S10

(Topic created on: 10-12-2020 08:06 PM)
JayCee26
Apprentice
Options

I needed to replace my S7 ... and now have the S10. Prior to wiping the S7, I ran the Samsung Backup to cloud. This completed successfully ... according to the phone.

I am trying to restore this backup (apps, contacts, messages, etc.) to the S10. However, this is not working.

If I click on Settings > Accounts and Backup > Backup and Restore ... and then either select Back up data or Restore data ... the screen just flashes and nothing else happens!

Any ideas? I have already set up my S10 with my Samsung account and my Google account.

Thanks.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Bentuck1976
Journeyman
Options
samsung have a handy piece of software called switch this new way to bring back ups to your new phone so if you do have full back up you should be able to recover it this hope this helps and I do hope you are successful buddy.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@JayCee26: Please ensure that your S10 is connected to Wi-Fi or Mobile Data, and that Sync is enabled by swiping from the top of the screen to the bottom, then again to enlarge the options > Sync. Now, go to Settings > Accounts and Backup > Samsung Cloud > Scroll to the bottom > Restore Data > Select all > Restore. Alternatively, try Accounts and Backup > Backup and Restore > Restore Data > Select your Galaxy S7 from the drop down menu towards the to of the screen > Select All > Restore. Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes
JayCee26
Apprentice
Options

Hi ... sorry, but this doesn't solve my problem.

I have the backup (apparently) in Samsung Cloud ... but I can't access Samsung Cloud from the new S10. I do not have the old phone to backup or transfer again from.

If I trying to open/access Samsung Cloud from the Settings > Accounts and Backups menu ... it just flashes briefly onscreen, and then disappears.

0 Likes
JayCee26
Apprentice
Options

Hi Andrew

Sync is enabled ... but the issue appears to be Samsung Cloud Drive is not available. If I select Settings > Accounts and Backup > Samsung Cloud ... I get a brief flash on the screen and then back to the Settings screen. If I go to look what apps are running, i can see a blue Samsung Cloud with "connecting..." on it but it doesn't open if I select it.

Also, I can see through My Files > Samsung Cloud Drive that it is showing that the service is unavailable.

0 Likes
JayCee26
Apprentice
Options

Hmmm ... okay, something is a bit screwy with the phone as I can logon to the Samsung Cloud Drive from my PC.

0 Likes
Bentuck1976
Journeyman
Options
have you managed to get your back up successfully? was just wonder if you could maybe see your back up on your Google drive somewhere!
0 Likes
Solution
JayCee26
Apprentice
Options

Issue resolved ... 2nd new phone. Same process, but this time the setup and access/restore process worked. I suspect there was a cockup with either the 2FA login to Samsung account during phone setup or that the insisted Samsung Cloud app update failed (as it had to have the update before proceeding). Cause must have been phone as my internet is and has been fine (220 Mbps down / 20 Mbps up with 9ms latency).

Btw ... this has nothing to do with Google Drive.

0 Likes