Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question

(Topic created on: 26-05-2022 08:36 PM)
koulis
Student
Options
I recently I did factory reset to my phone , when I open it it wrote that Samsung wants to install mandatory the app Tik top that I never installed before and not even I had/have account , and I can't delete it . I attached below pic .

I don't know what's wrong . I thought that my phone was hacked because I've seen lots of apps that I've never installed by myself and my screen always different that's why I decided to reset everything. 
But is still strange . 
Any advice will be helpful and much appreciated. 

Thank you 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
koulis
Student
Options
.Screenshot_20220526-091344_One UI Home.jpg
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
They are bundled in the ROM image, your phone hasn't been compromised. I don't like the bloat either, you can use Google Files to get rid of some but the ones baked into the ROM will just be disabled and receive no further updates (which saves time and data in future)
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @koulis  officially some apps such as Tiktok can just be disabled, though it was not preloaded on my Device.  There is a developer tool ADB  which offers other options but  not all users would be confident  this approach (more detail on sites such as Xda Developers)

Some information on Tiktok  on Samsung Devices here https://screenrant.com/tiktok-essential-app-samsung-install/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

efx
Pathfinder
Options
Hi Koulis, ticktock is not preloaded on my device either. S22 Ultra.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@koulis: TikTok is not typically a pre-installed application on our devices, and it is certainly strange that you're unable to uninstall it. What I'd suggest is heading to Settings > Battery and device care > Device protection > Scan phone, as this will search for malware and suspicious activity, and highlight any potentially harmful apps or features.