Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photo's

(Topic created on: 07-04-2024 07:01 PM)
Leksi1985
First Poster
Options

Hey!

I have a Samsung 20FE 26,000+ photos on my phone, dating back nearly 6yrs.

Seems half of them have the cloud with a tick, which I assume that means it's on my cloud?The other half, has a cloud with what I assume is a phone. They are the newest ones.

What would happen I I deleted the ones with the cloud and tick? Would it delete from the cloud too?

I just need to free up space! 3 kids and lots more memories to be created! 

PLEAS HELP!

Thanks. X

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Neo001
Legend
Options

Assuming the cloud backup is in OneDrive, the photos showing a cloud with a tick are stored in the cloud. If you delete them, they will also be sent to the recycle bin in OneDrive.

Safe way to delete such photos is via OneDrive settings > Free up space on this device.

Leksi1985
First Poster
Options

I cant find that part in settings.... Yes it's one drive

0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

Do you have OneDrive app installed on your phone? It's in the OneDrive Settings.

Screenshot_20240407_210904_OneDrive.jpg

GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
My two pence.

I use Google One for photo backup.

Google One has an option wherein once your photos are safely uploaded to Google one you have option to delete them on your phone whilst retaining the backup ones.

Only caveat is then you need to use Google photos to access them while all your new photos will be in the Samsung gallery.

With the above I van switch between phones easily and can do factory resets and stuff without loosing anything.
"WI-FI went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family.
They seem like nice people"
Leksi1985
First Poster
Options

inbound2490468032949706860.jpg

0 Likes
Leksi1985
First Poster
Options

inbound1974830819780079564.jpg

0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi Good morning. The option to free up storage appears only when backup is turned on from OneDrive, rather than sync with OneDrive option in Samsung Gallery Settings.