Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone software Update and now no data connection! Anyone have issues with apps connecting to data? Faster Battery Drain now too

(Topic created on: 05-12-2022 06:36 AM)
drtechnology1
Explorer
Options

Before I go to the phone page itself, let's try the software page...

Because ultimately this is a software issue. (With the Android 13 One UI Uopdate)

Just FYI, my friends (2 of them) have an S22 Phone on Verizon and BOTH have had this issue for almost a month since they got the same update.

I am on T-Mobile and have a Fold 4 - update came a few days ago and BAM!  My battery is like 3/4 a day quicker draining, and unless I restart the phone every 5-10 min, all apps and even google play store and Samsung apps like themes and such have NO data connection - some even when wifi is connected and working still act as if there is no data connection... ALL despite the phone showing 5GUC and FULL bars on top.

Went to t-mobile who says they have been flooded with calls on the same issue since they rolled out their version of the update (same as other carriers but made for their network and phones I am guessing) - ran tests and said their network is connected, my phones registered on it, and it is Samsung's issue - (tho they cannot legally say that but he said basically that is the issue - the One UI 5 Android 13 update) and said his hands are tied he cannot do anything to fix this.

I contacted support, (Samsung Support) who opened a case and would not admit the issue is widespread, said they don't feel too many people are having the same issue at all and said it was a "rare" case, and sent me to an Authorized Repair Center.

2 days later (and 5 factory resets later, so they say) they are baffled and said it is definitely an issue with the latest software update and will be communicating this to Samsung, (but off the record told me not to hold my breath) and then the repair center sent me packing with my phone still broke.

Soooooo, seeing my 2 friends have this exact issue - even on a different carrier than me, and different phone model, BUT with the same "Android 13 One UI 5" update - I know there have to be more of us with the same issue - please chime in here and let's show Samsung I am not crazy or an ***** or lying!  I want this patched and fixed ASAP!  This is unacceptable.  I have been #TeamSamsung for over 10 years but now I am wondering how they could even let this happen - this is crazy!!!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  If you have similar issues (and/or have a fix for this) post a reply, please!!!

15 REPLIES 15
drtechnology1
Explorer
Options

FYI also noticing about 33% faster battery drain than before the update.  NO new apps NO more use than before (lot less actually due to apps not working with no data) and still battery draining 33% on average faster than it did before...

Anyone having this issue too?

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You may want to post this on the US Forum as this is the European Community who don't have access to the Snapdragon varient

I replied to you message for another user and you should clear cache too

I am on Exynos varient of S22 Ultra and having no issues at all, if anything I think feels snappier after android 13 Update, battery life is about rhe same as before
drtechnology1
Explorer
Options

did you read my post?  I did that and did repair apps option, then the authorized repair center did 5 factory data resets and did all they could and could not fix the phone and gave back to be broke still 2 days later

I did not know there were different countries on here - looks like it is one area where we all post for all countries to me?  where do I access the US one?

0 Likes
drtechnology1
Explorer
Options

found it under settings in time zone - thanks will repost in US site lol

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Cool, again not saying you can't find on advice on here that maybe applicable to your phone too, just we dont have your varient of phone to definitely say we have tried it and it works
drtechnology1
Explorer
Options

changed my timezone to USA timezone but still defaulting to the EU community - looks like I have another contact to support coming up smh

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sorry can't help you with changing communities, I just know it exists

Hopefully one of the gang that usually hangs in here wi know how to do it
0 Likes
drtechnology1
Explorer
Options

So I google'd the us community - clicked it - has me logged in as user 1xxxxx (all numbers) and won't let me use my e-mail (says already in use, when never registered there yet) and won't let me use this username - smh!  Looks like I have to delete my account here (if even possible) to be added there lol!  UGH!

Ty for all the help - if all this goes poof and is deleted tomorrow you know why - thing is I just went to support, then clicked on join the support community from the USA Samsung website - it took me here I did not go here on purpose lol

0 Likes
MW19
Journeyman
Options
Yes. Can't sync my Fitbit after update, battery life shorter and slower connection. This needs to be sorted by Samsung asap.