Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One ui 5 smartswitch downgrade

(Topic created on: 24-10-2022 09:07 AM)
Paulmphotography
Journeyman
Options

Hi all 

Is the beta program linked to the Samsung account or the phone ? I'm having really issues removing from the beta program saying my account has changed the past few days. 

Apple is looking good as Samsung are not helping on this issue. 

Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6
robd1
Voyager
Options
Hello @Paulmphotography, its a combination of both. You enroll on the Beta Programme via your Samsung Members login. This then enables you to download the Beta UI5 and Android 13 as normal through Settings/Software Update. Rolling back is a more difficult series of events. For example, did you back up your phone to a safe place off the phone before you started the upgrade? Unfortunately, even though there is a designated recovery process, every phone configuration in the real world is totally different. Sometimes we just need to keep pestering Samsung for assistance.
What us the actual error message your getting? Someone else may have seen it previously.
0 Likes
kye12
First Poster
Options
How do you join the beta ui5
0 Likes
robd1
Voyager
Options
Hello @kye12, you have to be invited.
1. You need to have joined Samsung Members.
2. You need to own an unlocked phone, purchased direct from Vodafone never fails (I have no links with Vodafone).
3. A Beta Programme needs to be running for the phone you own.
4. You need to be invited to join the Beta Programme and respond before the limited spaces are all taken up.
5. The last twice I have been invited on my ZFold 4 and S21 Ultra via the Samsung Members app front screen. The Bell at the top of the page has indicated that I had a new Notice. On selecting the Bell and opening the Notice I discovered my invitation to join the Beta Programme.
6. Once I had accepted my invitation to join the Beta Programme, I was able within a couple of minutes to download the Beta via Settings/Software Update. NB. Phone must be backed up to somewhere off the phone first.
7. Samsung Members has additional information covering the Beta Programme going forward from that point, including a link to withdraw from the Programme. However, I have never tried the latter and do not believe it actions any software changes - unless someone else knows different.

This is a pretty simplistic view of how I've become involved in ONEUI5 and Android 13 Beta Programmes recently.
0 Likes
robd1
Voyager
Options
Apologies @kye12, phone needs to be from Samsung not Vodafone, I will turn off predictive texting one day, when I finally become embarrassed enough.
0 Likes
Paulmphotography
Journeyman
Options
This is my issue, Samsung have not been able to resolve the issue. Screenshot_20221024_090516_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes
robd1
Voyager
Options
Hello @Paulmphotography, it looks like there is an issue with your login, password or even the version of the Samsung Members app you're using. Have you changed either of the first two or tried to see if there is a later version of the latter? Can I ask why you are trying to reverse the Beta upgrade, bearing in mind that the full upgrade is probably going to be released shortly?
0 Likes