Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One UI 5 Beta. A Word of Caution

(Topic created on: 25-08-2022 02:32 PM)
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The Beta program has started in the UK today.

It's available for unlocked phones only. So if you don't see the link to join, then your phone may not be eligible.

From experience of other Beta programs.
If its your main phone, I wouldn't advise joining. 
Banking Apps and other Apps similar sometimes don't work.
So be prepared for some minor bugs and App software issues.

There's always some that join a Beta testing like this expecting everything to work perfectly. Sometimes it does 
Other times not.

19 REPLIES 19
teeheee
Pioneer
Options
Where can you find this to apply for it? I don't see it in my discover section yet unfortunately and my phone is unlocked :(. Thanks
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You will find it in either the discovery section

Or in notices
Screenshot_20220825-143902_Samsung Members_26991_1661434743.jpgScreenshot_20220825-143929_Samsung Members_26993_1661434769.jpg
teeheee
Pioneer
Options
Thanks, I don't have it yet unfortunately, maybe it's still getting distributed to other parts of UK
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's literally only started rolling out less than an hour ago I think.
So will take a bit of time.
teeheee
Pioneer
Options
Oh I see, I didn't know this, thanks for the info ^
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I am sure  a number will be pleased the Beta  has started rolling out for the S22 series (non branded unlocked)  Only had minor issues in the last Beta I took part in but this is not guaranteed and need to accept that there will be some bugs.  Generally not recommended if you do not have an additional or spare device.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yes exactly
I carry 3 phones, so I can happily use the Beta Program
But inevitably there will be some complaints of issues with apps or services as they joined the program without fully understanding what they are getting into.
Usually don't read the warnings on joining up.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Yes enthusiasm sometimes overrides due attention to detail.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

tinglish
Hotshot
Options
I'm rocking 4 phones but I'm still going to wait for the stable release 😅.
Not really any new features to get excited about like with android 12, android 13 is more of a refinement on 12 so I'll just wait😊