Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strange app appears

(Topic created on: 25-08-2022 01:15 PM)
Flintstone
Voyager
Options
when I clicked an link with a phonenumber in signal  
another app called "dailpad"jumped up. wanted me to make it a default app, what I off course did not do :smiling-face:

but it made me wonder

I don't know this app,. didn't installed it myself. never saw it before, it is not even in my app list. (neither in the app drawer , not in the lest of apps under settings->apps)

where does it come from.? where can I find more information over this app.
how can I remove it? (if needed)

what is a good tool to check if there are more like this ghost app on my phone?

3 REPLIES 3
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi,

To check if there is any security threat from the apps, scan your apps using Google Play Protect (Settings --> Biometrics and Security --> Google Play Protect --> Scan).

Needless to say, only use Google Play store and Galaxy store to install apps.

To check if the app is installed on your phone, go to settings --> Apps. If the app is listed there, you can click on it and then uninstall.

AndrewL
Options

@Flintstone: If you're concerned then you can also head to Settings > Battery and device care > Device protection > Scan phone, to see if this flags any malware or suspicious activity. You may also wish to check Settings > Apps > Choose default apps > Phone app, and see if DialPad is listed here. Also, head to Settings > Apps > Tap the 3 lines to the right of 'Your apps' > Show system apps > Toggle this on > OK > Check the list of apps. 

twinkle72
First Poster
Options
Thanks so much 🙏
0 Likes