Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

NavStar Update has Removed the ability to have a transparent navigation bar

(Topic created on: 09-03-2024 05:50 PM)
ItsBaldDave_
Pathfinder
Options
Hello all,

Updated NavStar to version 6.1.05.40 through the Galaxy Store, and it has removed the option to remove the navigation bar on my S24 Ultra. Has anyone else experienced this?

15 REPLIES 15
Solution
Sayjimwoo
Journeyman
Options
Yes. I noticed it yesterday. I had to download the apk of the previous version to restore it.
I hope it was a mistake and that enough of us will kick up a fuss so they will fix it.
ItsBaldDave_
Pathfinder
Options
Ah yes, someone over on Reddit advised the same, and I've reverted to a previous version. Thank you.
nvna
First Poster
Options
Just found out about the setting today. Went to enable it but did the update first >< Super annoyed!
ItsBaldDave_
Pathfinder
Options
Hopefully, they'll sort it out pretty quickly.
Sayjimwoo
Journeyman
Options
You are the first person I've seen who raised it, so I was glad others were seeing it, too.
I literally received my S24 Ultra yesterday and hated the new gestures . After a quick search, I found the Navstar app but wondered why it didn't work for me.
After a little investigation, I discovered it had been updated (and broken) the very same day I received my S24 Ultra. How unlucky was that, lol.
ItsBaldDave_
Pathfinder
Options
That's pretty darn unlucky, I'd say. 😆 It's one of those features I really notice when I don't have it now.
0 Likes
Sayjimwoo
Journeyman
Options
I know what you mean. I didn't like the new gestures. When I was swiping/scrolling photographs, it activated the 'back' gesture and took me out of the gallery. What an insane decision by Samsung.

Although I'm now happy using the previous version of Navstar, my OCD doesn't like the 'update' prompt when I go into the store 🤣
0 Likes
ItsBaldDave_
Pathfinder
Options
I don't mind the gestures; it's just the line at the bottom that was irritating me.

Knowing my luck, tomorrow I'll hit "update" by accident and have to do this again. 😆
Sayjimwoo
Journeyman
Options
Don't do it. I tested it, and it's a horrible experience 😁
0 Likes