Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Samsung music app won't play any music.

(Topic created on: 17-07-2022 10:31 AM)
Monkeysackz
First Poster
Options
I press play, it plays a song for about 2 secs then just stops. Tried rebooting phone but nothing. HELP!
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
AndrewL
Options

@Monkeysackz: Please can you confirm the model name and current Android version of the device you're using, located in Settings > About phone?

Are all songs affected, or just certain ones? Also, what format are the files in e.g. mp3, WMA etc? Have you tried playing the songs in an alternate media player to see if the problem persists? 

In the meantime, please check for any available updates for Samsung Music by heading to the Galaxy Store > Tap the 3 lines in the bottom right > Updates > Samsung Music. Also, head to Settings > Apps > Samsung Music > Force Stop > Storage > Clear cache. 

0 Likes
Monkeysackz
First Poster
Options
Hi, it's a Samsung galaxy A50. All songs affected. Even radio apps and videos in my gallery won't play. Flashes up "problem with music player" after I try each time.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Monkeysackz: Please can you try heading to Settings > Battery and device care > Optimise now, followed by Memory > Clean now, then try Samsung Music once again to see if this helps. If you're encountering problems when attempting to playing media in other applications, then please restart your Galaxy A50 in Safe Mode. This will disable all third party apps, and help to determine if the issue is stemming from an external source. To enter Safe Mode, press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release > Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release > To confirm, tap Safe mode.

If you attempt to play a song in Samsung Music while in Safe Mode, does the issue persist? If not, restart your phone as you would normally and uninstall any third party apps that you've added recently. Further to me previous reply, please try an alternate media player to see if this helps. 

0 Likes
ginbabe
First Poster
Options
I have an A22 5G I was using Samsung music until last week, I have wireless earphones (not expensive ones) which are still connecting to my phone but no music plays YouTube works fine and I can pair to my sons phone and all works just not samsung music on my phone?? Please help.
sahar123
First Poster
Options

I have a samsung galaxy A22 5G, after update 2 dayes ago, my sumsung music does not work either.

I think sth is wrong with sumsung company update.

0 Likes
Paul-D
First Poster
Options
I have a s21 ultra and the samsung music app is not playing any music at all
0 Likes
tony268
First Poster
Options
Just swap s10 for as23 now it will not play any songs
0 Likes
Nomusic
First Poster
Options
Updated samsung music 20.3.2023 no longer works. Keeps flashing music unavailable 😡😠🤬
0 Likes
bluebell5
First Poster
Options
Up grade my Samsung s10e to A23 5g and now my music won't play on Samsung music
0 Likes