Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music keeps skipping randomly when using headphones

(Topic created on: 17-05-2021 09:43 PM)
alendedja
Apprentice
Options

I am having an issue at the moment listening to music on my samsung s10. When I am using my headphones, songs will randomly skip whilst I am listening for no apparent reason. I will be listening to a song, then half way through the phone will just skip 3/4 songs. When I sometimes use my headphone volume control, this also sometimes triggers the phone to randomly skip songs. This happens on all music apps I use, and it is very frustrating. I have tried turning all options I am aware of on and off as a fix, but no luck yet. Would appreciate any help on this. Thanks

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
KholaI
Options

Hey @alendedja 

Are you using wired headphones or Bluetooth? Have you tried using a different set of headphones to see if the same issue occurs?

0 Likes
alendedja
Apprentice
Options
Wired headphones. I have tried using other headphones too but still no luck.
0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Could you confirm which apps you're experiencing this issue with? Also, have you tried uninstalling the apps, then reinstalling them, to see if this helps?

0 Likes
Members_BhjkNmp
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue with my a52s 5g and it's happening only on Spotify, it makes a strange noise when it skips them aswell

0 Likes
alendedja
Apprentice
Options

I was never able to fix this issue myself. There was a system update released shortly after I posted this issue, which then fixed the issue. 

0 Likes
Members_BhjkNmp
First Poster
Options

Fair enough, im on the latest version and im getting this issue, just been on the phone with support, they told me to clear my cache on the whole phone or factory reset, did you try those and if so did they work?

0 Likes
alendedja
Apprentice
Options

To be honest I tried everything. My personal view is that it's something to do with the operating system with the way it operates spotify with headphones, as cache and memory is regarding storage and data. 

0 Likes
Members_xjGMI7h
First Poster
Options

I am also getting this with BBC Sounds app, inexplicably, the downloaded show just goes back to the beginning. I thought my phone had been hacked - why is it happening? It only seems to happen when I am cycling not when I am listening at my desk

0 Likes