Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

modes and routines

(Topic created on: 06-01-2024 07:38 AM)
bluCanary
First Poster
Options

Good day

I have a roaming sim card that I will only use when out and about overseas without WiFi.

I would like to keep it on the whole time I am out of WiFi coverage but don't want my apps to be automatically using  my data to search for and report on activity. ie I don't want Gmail to use data to tell me I have a new email.

What is the easiest way to turn off all background data usage yet still have data turned on so that it is available on my command such as searching on a map or using bixby translate?

Look forward to your responses.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Someone will probably have a better answer than this but I would probably just turn background data off when your in the said situation. So this means when you use an app it will work and use data but it won't do anything in the background.
0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
I think this would probably work, set up a routine with the conditions 'travelling abroad' and 'disconnected from *** WiFi network' then turn on 'power saving' which will limit background network data.1704528854048.jpg1704528854087.jpg
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I'd probably toggle the mobile data ON/OFF from the notification panel depending when I need the data. Which would be the easiest way.
Also toggle ON /OFF the power saving mode in the same way.
"WI-FI went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family.
They seem like nice people"
0 Likes