Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Method to remove a payment card from Samsung Pay other than via the device it is registered on (or wiping that device)?

(Topic created on: 07-02-2021 01:58 PM)
GSB1
Pioneer
Options

I have recently reviewed both Google Pay and Samsung Pay to see which suits my needs and preferences better. Primarily approaching this from being content with the consumer side security.

I am favouring Samsung Pay, primarily because I find comfort in the additional user authentication before each contactless transaction. 

I dislike two things:

1. The in app ads. Sure they are only Samsung, but I find them distracting.

2. I would prefer to be able to remove cards registered to my account via a method that does not require the phone, for that obvious possible scenario.

On point 2.  So far as I can see, you have to manage the cards on the device they are registered. In case of the device being lost or misplaced, you have to either trust in the device being screen locked (and Samsung pay also needing authentication if you have left quick access from the lock screen enabled) or if you believe the device stolen then you can remote wipe.

To be able to manage cards via a browser (like Google Pay) or having the option to remote wipe Samsung Pay cards without wiping the whole device would be nice. I am not missing options for either of those am I?

Regards

7 REPLIES 7
AzadRobertson
Pathfinder
Options
so are you trying to remove a card from your phone?
0 Likes
GSB1
Pioneer
Options

It's a hypothetical question, but yes.

If you didn't have your device to hand, how would you remove payment cards? Is it as extreme as you can't without wiping the device?

AzadRobertson
Pathfinder
Options
samsung lock? lock your phone so none can get in. also you could disable the application itself.
0 Likes
GSB1
Pioneer
Options

Does Lock via Samsung Find My Mobile do anything above and beyond having lock screen security already set? Useful for allowing a phone number to be called and leaving a message on screen, but no more secure right? There is little detail about this, so I assume this is the case.

How do you disable the application without the device?

AzadRobertson
Pathfinder
Options
I'm not sure mate. I'll try help you as much as I can.
0 Likes
AzadRobertson
Pathfinder
Options
ok. I think I may have found a way. parent controls on play store may work. then you have access to the other phone.
0 Likes
GSB1
Pioneer
Options

Thanks, but anyhow disabling the app not really a satisfactory route. Appreciate the thought.

The question remains, can you remove a payment card without the phone, short of wiping the whole device?

It seems odd to me that you can't, but none the less that seems how it is.