Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost photos

(Topic created on: 03-08-2023 12:50 AM)
reynold1
Journeyman
Options
I did a factory reset on Samsung A54 and didn't realise it wasn't backed up. I have now lost precious photos in the gallery please help
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Big Cheese
Options
Hey, as far as I am aware you cannot retrieve your images after a factory reset unless backed up to google/onedrive or another 3rd party, there isn't a way to do it, after you reset it that's them gone.
0 Likes
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options

There are many Software programs that can attempt to recover data, your best option is to research yourself via Google or you may find someone on the Forum can recommend a specific piece of Software they have used.

The following maybe of use to you but as I say I can't recommend as I've not personally used the Software or Advice: Efficient Ways to Recover Photos after Factory Reset Android (tenorshare.net)

0 Likes
reynold1
Journeyman
Options
Thank you, I will do some research and let you know how it goes.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@reynold1: Further to the above, your best bet would be Google Photos, as this automatically archives images and videos that are captured on your Galaxy smartphone. With this in mind, please register the Google account that was added to the device prior to the factory data reset (Settings > Accounts and backup > Manage accounts > Add account > Google), then swipe up from your Home screen and head to the Google folder > Photos to explore your options from here (Wi-Fi connection required). 

0 Likes
reynold1
Journeyman
Options
Hi, my photos were in Samsung gallery not google gallery. I amstill desperately trying to find them. I have tried downloading recovery software but still no luck. Can anyone please help me. Some of the photos are very precious.
0 Likes